• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Young and Stroud are gone

Chris Smitty

36 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I have no idea what Fitt will do because from what fans tell me he was under Rhule's thumb and didn't have any freedom to pick the free agents and draft picks he wanted. If I am to believe that, then what Fitt will do next is difficult to say.

The people who have the most information on our QBs think that Sam is the worst healthy QB on the roster. He's gone at the end of the season never to return. Baker and PJ are in a battle for the starting spot, and anyone on Earth could tell you that neither will be on the roster as the starting QB next season. That leaves Corral and possibly PJ or Baker as our backup QB. I think Baker will leave for greener pastures, and that leaves PJ looking to be our backup, and Corral wanting to start. We obviously are not going through next season with just PJ and Corral, and maybe not even PJ will remain.

CJ and Young are the big prizes in 2023. CJ has a powerful arm, but his mechanics get sloppy at times, and he's not the most savvy QB you'll see. Young's arm is lacking in power throwing deep, but he's really savvy and intelligent, he keeps his vision down field when he needs to move in the pocket, and moves in the pocket as well as any QB you'll see. The Panthers ongoing self inflicted QB limbo is highly unlikely to end now that we're beating up on NFCS teams, not to mention the other poop teams on our extremely easy schedule. Hell the only reason grandpa Brady is still playing is because of the cryptocurrency disaster. With those QBs off the table I think Fitt will target a free agent QB again, and who would come here except the most poop FA QBs on the market?

Yes w may draft a QB no one is talking about right now, but I have my doubts.  

We don't even know if Fitterer is going to be here. 

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Makes sense.  Minshew was drafted in 2019, but not in the first round so his rookie contract has no fifth year option.  If GB opts to exercise Love's fifth year, he'll cost them somewhere around $20M for 2024 unless he somehow makes a Pro Bowl or two.

Banging the table for Minshew?  I mean the fashion goes haywire round here but he isn’t a very good QB.  Hide your wives too.

• Beer 1

Just now, Shocker said:

Banging the table for Minshew?  I mean the fashion goes haywire round here but he isn’t a very good QB.  Hide your wives too.

Not really, but his name is not Darnold, Mayfield, or Walker and he should be cheap.  But, even at that he is relatively useless to us if we don't draft "the answer" this year or next.

For the record, in my thinking we are carrying 3 QBs next year:  Corral, a vet (Minshew or similar), and whoever we draft.  And depending on who we draft this year and when, and what Corral looks like when we finally see him, we may be drafting another one next year.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

He'd be a good cheap vet that doesn't have the Rhule stench/ptsd attached to him. The other options would be Brissett, Dalton, Daniel Jones. The rest of Darnold/Baker/Kyle Allen/Heinicke we've already gone through

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Not really, but his name is not Darnold, Mayfield, or Walker and he should be cheap.  But, even at that he is relatively useless to us if we don't draft "the answer" this year or next.

For the record, in my thinking we are carrying 3 QBs next year:  Corral, a vet (Minshew or similar), and whoever we draft.  And depending on who we draft this year and when, and what Corral looks like when we finally see him, we may be drafting another one next year.

Clear thinking…refreshing round here