• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spencer Rattler ? Write up by Daniel Kelly article from Aug 31, 2022

raleigh-panther

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I could care less about Clemson.

Sounds more like you are just another clueless college homer. 

Rattler's odds of getting into the NFL completely revolve around him improving a TON next season because he was not good this past season outside one game against Tenn.

Shows how little you know. In every game he has shown he can make NFL throws. His consistency is his only knock. Life is easy when you're Stroud or Young and are surrounded by 1st round picks plus 2 or 3 top 10 picks. Carolina's talent pool is not even close to that and forces QBs to take more risk and be more than a game manager. He will never be a top 5 guy but he has talent. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Shows how little you know. In every game he has shown he can make NFL throws. His consistency is his only knock. Life is easy when you're Stroud or Young and are surrounded by 1st round picks plus 2 or 3 top 10 picks. Carolina's talent pool is not even close to that and forces QBs to take more risk and be more than a game manager. He will never be a top 5 guy but he has talent. 

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

• Beer 1

Just now, CRA said:

In my post I said multiple things go into winning a football game.  I'd rank ST play as #1.   It set the whole game up for y'all to have a chance to pull the upset and you did.  Gamecock special teams was freaking great on Saturday.  They weren't playing risky.  They were playing great.    Maybe you just have a Rattler bias where you can't handle people giving props elsewhere. 

as far as risky football? Yeah, teams with really nothing to lose can play risky football.  That's not an insult.  Gamecocks should of done it vs Tenn and Clemson.   And yeah, going for it on 4th down on your own 30 yard line in the first quarter, going for it on 4th down at the 4? That's risky football that teams playing with house money where an L is expected (and you got nothing at stake) can do.   And it worked out.  Ballsy vs dumb.  It's a fine line.  It worked out so Beamer was brilliant.  Risky football can't just as easily go the other way. 

Our ST is great every game. Rattler played smarter the second half and won the game. Being risky had nothing to do with it. You guys have at least 4 NFL caliber players on your front 7 and we have zero NFL caliber OL on our team. You had more motivation to play as well because if you win you were in the playoffs. Winning didn't even matter to us. We played you like any other team on the schedule. We got nothing for that win and you guys lost everything. You spent most of that game trying to prove that DJ was the better QB and lost because of that and you underestimated us. Dabo thought he was going to walk all over us like last year. 

• Beer 1

50 minutes ago, Snake said:

Looks like someone is a clemsuck fan. Get over it. The kid has talent it's just raw talent. 

Raw talent? The dude has been in more 7 on 7, QB schools, and private coaching than anyone I can ever remember. I've been following this guy since middle school. He literally could not receive more coaching, training or exposure. He ain't raw lol.

• The D 1

Just now, Snake said:

Our ST is great every game. Rattler played smarter the second half and won the game. Being risky had nothing to do with it. You guys have at least 4 NFL caliber players on your front 7 and we have zero NFL caliber OL on our team. You had more motivation to play as well because if you win you were in the playoffs. Winning didn't even matter to us. We played you like any other team on the schedule. We got nothing for that win and you guys lost everything. You spent most of that game trying to prove that DJ was the better QB and lost because of that and you underestimated us. Dabo thought he was going to walk all over us like last year. 

Yes, your ST is good.  And it had a very good day on Saturday.   Why that bothers you boggles my mind. 

I get it.  You want to do some trash talk thing.  That's not what I'm looking to do lol. 

1 hour ago, DFive said:

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

This kid is trash and was awful on Netflix's "QB-1". He literally caused a controversy over Twitter by talking poo to a team they had just played and his family and coaching staff swept it under the rug so he wouldn't lose his scholarship. He wasn't even remorseful, he just smugly smiled and knew he would get away with it because he always does. Dude is bad news and not worth spending any kind of draft pick on.

I am a Gamecock fan and I have heard that his teammates are not fond of him--and I read that has been the case since high school.  he melts down at least once per game.  Not interested.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

Ahhh the "our" poo. 

The classic example of losing perspective when it comes to NFL prospects.

But, by all means, tell us about some other South Carolina player that everyone is missing out on that won't play in the NFL either.

College homers gonna homer.

I can remember living in Columbia for a few months years ago and always going to see Panthers games at a local sports bar. Never saw another Panthers fan, just a scattering of random NFL people. Then one day the bar was jam packed with people watching the Browns game because some backup QB from South Carolina made his first and only NFL career start. 

That was when I knew how pathetic Gamecock fans were and how pathetic Columbia was in terms of supporting the Panthers.

• The D 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2

1 hour ago, Varking said:

In the first? No thanks. But he is a great talent and I’d be comfortable rolling the dice on him in the second round. Interviews will tell you if he’s been humbled or not. I haven’t heard any horror stories of him being a bad teammate since high school. 

2nd round? 

I mean, I could entertain someone like him in the 4th-6th.  Rattler in the 2nd round?  Rattler literally got benched at OU last year and with 2 games left on the schedule had more INTs than TDs this season.  He might have some talent that shines through sporadically...but 2nd round?   That's crazy talk.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

2nd round? 

I mean, I could entertain someone like him in the 4th-6th.  Rattler in the 2nd round?  Rattler literally got benched at OU last year and with 2 games left on the schedule had more INTs than TDs this season. 

To be fair, for college, I’d bench a lot of kids in favor of Caleb Williams. Rattler has the arm talent. For me it’s just an issue of maturity. If he’s not immature like he was during QB1 he’s worth a gamble. How much is going to vary from person to person. I’m ok with a second on him vs a second on Levis, Richardson or Hooker, for instance. 

Rattler has a moment few kids do in college: He elevated his entire team against Tennessee. You don’t fluke your way to the stat line he did. And for South Carolina to dominate the way they did… he performed. Not with superior talent around him against a lesser team… Not against a team that’s even with them in talent… he lifted up the entire offense. And he was throwing dimes. 

When you draft him you are going to ask yourself if you can find that in him and bring it out more. Did something finally click? It felt like this was the first time he played with no pressure on him and he shredded. If you can coach him into that mind state week in and week out you can have something. 

It’s no more of a risk hoping that Levis or Richardson will complete passes at an acceptable level in the NFL, or that Hooker will continue to perform in a league where he is no longer 16 years older than players on the defense, or that Penix isn’t benefitting majorly from going to play out west like almost every other starting QB who went out there like Nix, Penix, Minshew, Eason, Caleb Williams, etc. 

Find what you think you can coach up easiest, find where you are comfortable as a GM picking them, and go all in on them. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Varking said:

To be fair, for college, I’d bench a lot of kids in favor of Caleb Williams. Rattler has the arm talent. For me it’s just an issue of maturity. If he’s not immature like he was during QB1 he’s worth a gamble. How much is going to vary from person to person. I’m ok with a second on him vs a second on Levis, Richardson or Hooker, for instance. 

Rattler has a moment few kids do in college: He elevated his entire team against Tennessee. You don’t fluke your way to the stat line he did. And for South Carolina to dominate the way they did… he performed. Not with superior talent around him against a lesser team… Not against a team that’s even with them in talent… he lifted up the entire offense. And he was throwing dimes. 

Take out the Tenn game and Spencer Rattler averaged 212 pass yards a game with 10 TDs to 11 INTs. 

One game vs Tenn doesn't define him as a prospect.  Tenn doesn't have a superior defense.  They have one of the worst defenses in all of college football.    Hell, some of the cupcake opponents they had scheduled have better defenses than Tenn. 

• Beer 1