• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Championship Week

Catsfan69

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

College football is absolutely JV. In a lot of ways it is much closer to middle school football than even JV in comparison to the NFL.

College football is fine but it's an inherently and WILDLY unfair system without any shred of parity at all. It's the equivalent of a league with unlimited money to spend and no salary cap. It's very easy to cover up some incompetence and mismanagement by just out talenting the team in front of you.

The NFL inherently does have parity. The way that typically gets fuged up is incompetence and mismanagement. You can't outspend your issues or take advantage of the decades long systems of advantages built in.

It might be JV, but it's been more fun to watch this year and last year than the NFL to me. I guess it helps that I don't have a team I follow closely and can just enjoy the games.

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

College football is absolutely JV. In a lot of ways it is much closer to middle school football than even JV in comparison to the NFL.

College football is fine but it's an inherently and WILDLY unfair system without any shred of parity at all. It's the equivalent of a league with unlimited money to spend and no salary cap. It's very easy to cover up some incompetence and mismanagement by just out talenting the team in front of you.

The NFL inherently does have parity. The way that typically gets fuged up is incompetence and mismanagement. You can't outspend your issues or take advantage of the decades long systems of advantages built in.

Yeah exactly, I even started writing in a section on the lack of parity in college football vs. the NFL (continuing my Madden analogy with some college games between teams being like the top rated Madden player against the computer on Rookie Mode) but I felt like I was dangerously encroaching on TL;DR ranting territory haha.

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

It might be JV, but it's been more fun to watch this year and last year than the NFL to me. I guess it helps that I don't have a team I follow closely and can just enjoy the games.

I would disagree. I think the NFL has been just fine this year even though we have been bad.