• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson declares for the draft

Ricky Spanish

2 hours ago, Rags said:

That's a complete insult to Richardson's arm strength and accuracy he does has. What a shitty take. 

If you think that, you are gonna be in for quite a shock when you actually look at their college stats.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/anthony-richardson-2.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/taysom-hill-1.html

I can tell you stats Richardson isn't anywhere near.....

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/cam-newton-1.html

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, mav1234 said:

I dunno man. The draft is about potential, and Hill and Richardson have nowhere near the same ceiling. Richardson is very raw though, and I agree he's not close to where Cam was coming into the NFL.  I don't think there's a good comparison now but he does remind me a lot of what I saw about Allen in college (which was very little). 

I mean JaMarcus Russell was brimming with potential. As was Ryan Leaf. Potential is part of the equation, not the answer to it.

Or, as a buddy of mine once said, "Potential just means you haven't done poo yet."

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

They don't want to be fair. They just desperately want themselves to be right and the Panthers(and ripp) to be wrong about Corral.

They have another thing coming.

Complete disclosure time. I don't think Corral will be a franchise QB in the NFL and have high doubts he'll ever start a game other than as a backup if the starter goes down.

9 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Passing is important first and foremost, but let's not pretend like the most elite QBs are constantly in the Super Bowl.  Tom Brady, the biggest outlier in NFL history, really skews the stats.  For fun let's look at the Super Bowl winners other than TB during the TB era (going back to 2002).

Matt Stafford - Not Elite

Pat Mahomes - Elite

Nick Foles - Not Elite

Peyton Manning - Not Elite for his Broncos win

Russell Wilson - Not Elite

Joe Flacco - Not Elite

Eli Manning - Not Elite

Aaron Rodgers - Elite

Drew Brees - Elite

Big Ben - Not Elite

Eli Manning - Not Elite

Peyton Manning - Elite

Big Ben - Not Elite

Brad Johnson - Not Elite

So out of 14 non-Tom Brady wins, 10 of those were from QBs that were not top tier during their run.  If we only go back to 2010, there are 9 non-Tom Brady wins and only 3 of those were from top-tier QBs.  How many years have the Packers, Saints and Colts with Manning failed in the playoffs?  Having a top tier QB would be great, but lets not pretend that's what it takes to win a SB.

Just because a running QB like Vick has not won the SB does not mean that you need one of the best 2-3 QBs in the league to win.  In fact, history would indicate that there's more to it than that.

What Big Ben not elite? 64,000 yards and 418 tds 2 rings isn't elite?

Let's look at your list

Only 3 guys on that list aren't better than Cam. 

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Complete disclosure time. I don't think Corral will be a franchise QB in the NFL and have high doubts he'll ever start a game other than as a backup if the starter goes down.

That's ok too, but guys think their word is final and their evaluation gospel when at the same time a guy who had great success in the SEC at QB is tirelessly rehabbing and working to come back stronger.

I want to support our Panthers who want to come in and lead and win for us. His destiny is tied to the Panthers now, so I'm not going to sit and hope they're wrong. They did their homework, they know more about Corral than probably anybody.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

That very well could be. But he definitely has a better chance than AR15

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

What Big Ben not elite? 64,000 yards and 418 tds 2 rings isn't elite?

Let's look at your list

Only 3 guys on that list aren't better than Cam. 

Big Ben has never been considered a top tier QB at any point in his career.  Eli Manning will probably be in the HOF too but do you consider him elite?

17 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Passing is important first and foremost, but let's not pretend like the most elite QBs are constantly in the Super Bowl.  Tom Brady, the biggest outlier in NFL history, really skews the stats.  For fun let's look at the Super Bowl winners other than TB during the TB era (going back to 2002).

Matt Stafford - Not Elite

Pat Mahomes - Elite

Nick Foles - Not Elite

Peyton Manning - Not Elite for his Broncos win

Russell Wilson - Not Elite

Joe Flacco - Not Elite

Eli Manning - Not Elite

Aaron Rodgers - Elite

Drew Brees - Elite

Big Ben - Not Elite

Eli Manning - Not Elite

Peyton Manning - Elite

Big Ben - Not Elite

Brad Johnson - Not Elite

So out of 14 non-Tom Brady wins, 10 of those were from QBs that were not top tier during their run.  If we only go back to 2010, there are 9 non-Tom Brady wins and only 3 of those were from top-tier QBs.  How many years have the Packers, Saints and Colts with Manning failed in the playoffs?  Having a top tier QB would be great, but lets not pretend that's what it takes to win a SB.

Just because a running QB like Vick has not won the SB does not mean that you need one of the best 2-3 QBs in the league to win.  In fact, history would indicate that there's more to it than that.

Also you know a big contributing factor to elite guys not winning more is salary.

Brady consistently playing for less is a major factor in his championship success. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Maybe, maybe not. Things change and if Fitts gets fired, the new GM might not want to keep Corral at all. Same might happen if the interim coach gets replaced.

QBs aren't just approved by the GM, QBs usually are approved by the owner.

Matt Corral still has David Tepper. We will see him play.

There isn't a scenario where the Panthers move up to draft a guy, develop and rehab that guy and don't play that guy(huddle anti-Corral logic).

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Also you know a big contributing factor to elite guys not winning more is salary.

Brady consistently playing for less is a major factor in his championship success. 

That was the whole key to their success! Brady often gave up $ so the team could go out and get difference makers, plus his 6th round contract was bargain basement.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Big Ben has never been considered a top tier QB at any point in his career.  Eli Manning will probably be in the HOF too but do you consider him elite?

Who in the world rated him that? He was top 5 to top 7 his entire career.

He has the most perfect games of all time and most 500yd games.

No Eli wasn't Elite but he was better than Cam.

I hate everything Steelers but 

Ben > Cam as much as prime Cam > Matt Moore