• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson declares for the draft

Ricky Spanish

35 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Honestly was not aware of his age…definitely a concern 

He has been seriously underwhelming this season as well

He's the same age as the typical 2nd or 3rd year rookie right now.

If he was the real deal he's be lighting it up in college. Guys like Trask and Pickett don't have near the talent and put up video game numbers because they were literal men amongst boys. Levis still put up JAG stats in that same situation.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, rippadonn said:

They wouldn't have done that IF he didn't grade out.

I'm not Matt Corrals, cousin, daddy or brother so I'm not looking at the kid with love in my eyes, WE (me, the Panthers, scouts) are looking at what the player has accomplished, his skillset, accuracy, What he's done on the field.

The kid has a ton of potential and a ton of heart. 

The huddle narrative doesn't fit reality. IF he was who you say he was nobody would move up in the draft to get him, but they did. He was a superior college QB, he put up the numbers and did so accurately.

Hold your horses hot rod. He hasn't even taken an NFL snap. 

Let’s be honest here. We moved up in the 3RD ROUND to draft him. Many of those trades go unnoticed after the first 2 rounds. The team that traded up for him (in the 3rd round) also has a terrible track record for evaluating QBs. He was passed over nearly 100 times (93) before even Carolina traded up for him. Then we proceeded to sign Baker after the fact…

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Let’s be honest here. We moved up in the 3RD ROUND to draft him. Many of those trades go unnoticed after the first 2 rounds. The team that traded up for him (in the 3rd round) also has a terrible track record for evaluating QBs. He was passed over nearly 100 times (93) before even Carolina traded up for him. Then we proceeded to sign Baker after the fact…

Yep 

and there will be a whole new OC plus staff and possibly HC 

Corral might not fit the scheme.

Feel bad for him.

He had no shot with the dumb poo coach we had 

• Pie 2

34 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Yep 

and there will be a whole new OC plus staff and possibly HC 

Corral might not fit the scheme.

Feel bad for him.

He had no shot with the dumb poo coach we had 

I mean this is what happened with Justin Fields. New regime came in with no ties to him. They chose not to invest in him right away and they wanted to see improvement from him. This off-season now they will build more of the line and work on the defense and make the whole team better but now they know they don’t need to draft a QB. Matt’s contract will keep him here for a couple more years. He’s going to need to show the new regime he can play but the odds aren’t in his favor if we draft a new QB high. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

And Kinny Pickett was the only first rounder. Tell me what else wasn't normal about that draft at QB, especially when they said it was a "deep" draft.

And you're defending Matt Rhules stupidity(Baker/"QB competition") to cast a bad shadow on Corral?! 

Pretty low blows. Corral was evaluated before the Panthers and although third rounders don't get invited to the draft to dress nice and be on TV, Matt Corral was.

Why? Because he graded out as a late first rounder. None of this circular roundabout conversation will change that FACT. 

Those that want Corral and the Panthers to fail will continue to harp on the but,but,but the third round are the ingrown toenails of this fan base.

Everybody should be hoping he is the steal they thought he would be but teh huddle will huddle.

Pedigree. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, rippadonn said:

And Kinny Pickett was the only first rounder. Tell me what else wasn't normal about that draft at QB, especially when they said it was a "deep" draft.

And you're defending Matt Rhules stupidity(Baker/"QB competition") to cast a bad shadow on Corral?! 

Pretty low blows. Corral was evaluated before the Panthers and although third rounders don't get invited to the draft to dress nice and be on TV, Matt Corral was.

Why? Because he graded out as a late first rounder. None of this circular roundabout conversation will change that FACT. 

Those that want Corral and the Panthers to fail will continue to harp on the but,but,but the third round are the ingrown toenails of this fan base.

Everybody should be hoping he is the steal they thought he would be but teh huddle will huddle.

Pedigree. 

No it was you overblowing the trade and acting like it was some major draft trade to acquire this talented QB. If he is so great he doesn’t need you constantly being his cheerleader on here giving every excuse why he looked back. Let’s just sit back and let the young man prove himself. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

No it was you overblowing the trade and acting like it was some major draft trade to acquire this talented QB. If he is so great he doesn’t need you constantly being his cheerleader on here giving every excuse why he looked back. Let’s just sit back and let the young man prove himself. 

I can say a guy is a good prospect. You may not have liked "Operation Golden Corral" but it was daring a stupid man to save his job with the only QB on the roster with enough upside to save his job and give people hope in a fresh new blue chip QB.

I have to stand up for the downtrodden. To much hate for that young man on here to sit back and let people spew all kinds of foolishness like they've already seen him play in the NFL and nobody has seen him play in the NFL.

He was damn good in college, not just OK. Give the shade a break.

I'll always root for the underdog. That's Matt Corral and that's always been the Panthers...

Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

• Pie 1