• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson declares for the draft

Ricky Spanish

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Stroud has always been my guy in this class. I made the first Suck for Stroud post kind of as a joke but kind of not. The problem is you’re going to have to move to 2 to get him and there will be other teams trying as well. It’s hard to make that move because you cant miss when your trade away future firsts. 

Yea, I never liked the whole “don’t draft him because he’s an Ohio State guy”. There’s a lot to like about Stroud. Accuracy and touch are top notch. I will be watching him hard against Georgia. That defense as we both know, is nasty. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

At what cost? I need to see him vs Georgia before I'm on board with that

Well that’s the issue. You are absolutely going to have to give up your first and second this season plus a first next year to move from like 10 to 2. And maybe even more. That’s a lot. However, if we could go back and give up Derick Brown and Jaycee Horn  but you’d have Justin Herbert, would you do it? I would in a heartbeat. Not that Stroud is Herbert or anything but the price of a young franchise QB is worth paying whatever it costs. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Varking said:

Just post the clip of him missing an easy, wide open throw by ten yards and the conversation ends there. 

Here is one. 2:50 mark. He missed a td by what 8 yards? 

It's hard to find all his throws because most videos only post highlights and not every attempt. 

13 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

It's hard to find all his throws because most videos only post highlights and not every attempt. 

Not saying you're a Levis guy, but can you find a similar video where it's "hard to find the bad throws because they only post highlights"? Just for the sake of them being QB 3/4 in this draft I think there is way more upside on AR's film than Levis

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Not saying you're a Levis guy, but can you find a similar video where it's "hard to find the bad throws because they only post highlights"? Just for the sake of them being QB 3/4 in this draft I think there is way more upside on AR's film than Levis

Almost all youtube vids for all QBs cherry pick.

But I've gone out of my way to watch both these guys.

I don't want either but Levis has a much better arm and I have seen him male NFL throws in games while I was watching. 

Throws into tight windows. Layering throws over LBs but dropping in before DBs Etc.

I'd be much happier to stick with Corral this class is so bad

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Almost all youtube vids for all QBs cherry pick.

But I've gone out of my way to watch both these guys.

I don't want either but Levis has a much better arm and I have seen him male NFL throws in games while I was watching. 

Throws into tight windows. Layering throws over LBs but dropping in before DBs Etc.

I'd be much happier to stick with Corral this class is so bad

I agree Corral shouldn't be cast off like a complete bust because Rhule only gave him 2 snaps a practice at camp. I've never seen these Levis throws though

8 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

I am really starting to hate this team.  Give up draft capital for Sam Darnold; give up draft capital for Matt Corral; give up draft capital for Baker Mayfield. Now we want to add another project qb? Stop the madness.  At least Matt Corral was a stud SEC qb. This guy is nothing but a loser.  And don't tell me Florida had no talent. You think they had less talent than Ole Miss?

This is my take.  

First of all, I like Richardson, I think he has some good tools. He's mobile and big enough to take some hits.  The ball flies off his hands and has tremendous zip.  However, he's a project.  He could be another Cam or he could be another Winston. 

There are only 2 scenarios I would take him.  One trade down and pick up a 1st next year and choose him with a lower pick if he's still available.   Two, if he's available in the 2nd round.  If we were to get him, we'd have 2 QBs that need work.  We'd need to hire a QB whisperer. 

Corral is an unknown.  Thanks Rhule.   He has many tools to work with, as with Richardson, there are some things he's going to have to work on.   My opinion is that we draft a position of other need with our 1st pick and ride with Matt and maybe Darnold as backup.  Up to including letting Darnold start the season.

We just can't continually throw away top picks for a QB, we have to try and work with the ones we drafted.  You can use later picks for projects.  If you have a good scouting department.  Maybe you can draft a guy like Brock Purdy, Mr. Irrelevant.   

• Pie 1