• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson declares for the draft

Ricky Spanish

27 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Varking is the only Gator guy, everyone else just likes what they see from the eye test. You can't really look at his stats and ignore the fact he was throwing to 4th string WR's. His accuracy at the combine throwing to NFL caliber WR's is going to have a pretty big influence on his draft positioning

You mean his accuracy throwing against air?

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I dunno man. The draft is about potential, and Hill and Richardson have nowhere near the same ceiling. Richardson is very raw though, and I agree he's not close to where Cam was coming into the NFL.  I don't think there's a good comparison now but he does remind me a lot of what I saw about Allen in college (which was very little). 

There's nothing comparable in terms of arm talent.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Out of curiosity I went back and looked at some snippets of interviews. He doesn't come across as Peyton Manning but he's no moron. Someone is taking him in the 1st for sure.

I think so but interviews don't always tell the whole story.  He could be even better (or worse) at the combine etc. He's a very interesting prospect because everything I see about him reminds me of what little we saw about Josh Allen in the draft leadup.

I'm curious to see how all the QBs do, as I still think Fitt is more likely to go for a QB out of round 1 (would be happy to be wrong).

33 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Varking is the only Gator guy, everyone else just likes what they see from the eye test. You can't really look at his stats and ignore the fact he was throwing to 4th string WR's. His accuracy at the combine throwing to NFL caliber WR's is going to have a pretty big influence on his draft positioning

I don't think throwing at the Combine honestly really matters unless you're absolutely disastrous. Everyone knows you're throwing to receivers you're unfamiliar with. Cam didn't throw very well at the Combine and still went #1 overall and had back to back 400+ yard passing games to kick off his NFL career.

Teams are gonna watch Florida games and see a poo ton of passes bouncing off receivers' hands.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I think so but interviews don't always tell the whole story.  He could be even better (or worse) at the combine etc. He's a very interesting prospect because everything I see about him reminds me of what little we saw about Josh Allen in the draft leadup.

I'm curious to see how all the QBs do, as I still think Fitt is more likely to go for a QB out of round 1 (would be happy to be wrong).

He's wildly reminiscent of Allen IMO. I lived in CO while Allen played at Wyoming so his games were always on for me. I probably watched more of his college games than anyone else on this board sheerly due to geography and TV schedules. I'm telling you, in college they're basically the same guy. Honestly, Richardson is a better passer than Allen was at this stage. Allen threw a few balls every game that honestly it was difficult to ascertain who exactly he was even attempting to target. They were THAT bad.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

He's wildly reminiscent of Allen IMO. I lived in CO while Allen played at Wyoming so his games were always on for me. I probably watched more of his college games than anyone else on this board sheerly due to geography and TV schedules. I'm telling you, in college they're basically the same guy. Honestly, Richardson is a better passer than Allen was at this stage. Allen threw a few balls every game that honestly it was difficult to ascertain who exactly he was even attempting to target. They were THAT bad.

I remember hearing things like this in pre draft. And yeah, I believe you, highlights do look like the same guy.

For me it'll all be about how he processes the game and comes off in interviews. I think you're right he has a good shot in the first. And if he's impressive in those interviews he has a good shot of going very high.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think throwing at the Combine honestly really matters unless you're absolutely disastrous. Everyone knows you're throwing to receivers you're unfamiliar with. Cam didn't throw very well at the Combine and still went #1 overall and had back to back 400+ yard passing games to kick off his NFL career.

Teams are gonna watch Florida games and see a poo ton of passes bouncing off receivers' hands.

Yeah, people are just looking at stats and ignoring how horrible his WR's were. I think he's actually only throwing at Pro Day but I think he'll look fine as long as he's throwing to guys that were supposed to be starters before guys got injured 

• Pie 1

The funny thing about this conversation is Cam wasn't considered Cam by a lot of media outlets coming into the league (or a lot of fans, including me). He was considered much more raw a passer than he really was. Of course there was some absolutely horrible things said about him outside of all that, too.

• Pie 5

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

The funny thing about this conversation is Cam wasn't considered Cam by a lot of media outlets coming into the league (or a lot of fans, including me). He was considered much more raw a passer than he really was. Of course there was some absolutely horrible things said about him outside of all that, too.

Cam Newton is not who I want. I want a much better passer than Cam Newton.

Cam Newton is the floor in my QB goals.

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Cam Newton is not who I want. I want a much better passer than Cam Newton.

Cam Newton is the floor in my QB goals.

That's great but that's unrealistic in this draft and who knows in the next. That you wouldn't want Cam as a QB... 🤷

Cam with a decent offensive coaching staff put up record numbers for a rookie... We held him back.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Tepper wanted Fields.

Is Fields really the answer in Chicago? He is not a very good passer and has to run a lot to be productive. We are now seeing the toll running qb's like Fields and Lamar Jackson are taking. No way the Ravens give Lamar a fully guaranteed contract he is demanding. That situation could get interesting.  

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

That's great but that's unrealistic in this draft and who knows in the next. That you wouldn't want Cam as a QB... 🤷

Cam with a decent offensive coaching staff put up record numbers for a rookie... We held him back.

He.never got any better he was essentially the same guy in 2016 as his first day with us.

Getting better is a player's responsibility on his own. Before and after the TJ Watt hit he was blowing games late with his inability to pass the ball.

• Poo 1