• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official NCAAF Portal Thread

Panthers Fan 69

Just now, therealmjl said:

I got got for sure cuz

Well, in your defense, I did tune in to Jim Rome today and he cited the tweet so it happens to the best of us, especially with the war zone of bullshit Twitter is now. 

Drake may indeed enter the portal to see if he can get a check for a couple mill and I’m sure this bozo with 100 followers who claims to work for CBS would be screaming at the top of his lungs like I told you so but I would not base any celebration of something bad happening to UNC based off this guy. 

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Not really.  The only thing is can't do it willy-nilly.  There are specific windows of dates they can do it in.  But yeah, a player can say 'I don't want to play here anymore, I want to transfer' and they can go.  Once a player goes into the portal, yeah, they can go anywhere that they are wanted by a new team.

So it kinda is like NFL FA except they can do it at any point in their college career as long as they do it at the right times of the year.  They aren't under a contract like in the NFL.

Transfer Portal Details

this sounds broken as alllllll helll......

22 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Not really.  The only thing is can't do it willy-nilly.  There are specific windows of dates they can do it in.  But yeah, a player can say 'I don't want to play here anymore, I want to transfer' and they can go.  Once a player goes into the portal, yeah, they can go anywhere that they are wanted by a new team.

So it kinda is like NFL FA except they can do it at any point in their college career as long as they do it at the right times of the year.  They aren't under a contract like in the NFL.

Transfer Portal Details

So once a player commits and signs, hell once they are on campus living in a dorm, the coaches are gonna STILL have to keep recruiting these players. There is going to be illegal tampering, we saw it with Jordan Addison last year, and Mack Brown said there were people trying to buy Josh Downs last season. 

While I fully support players being able to cash in on their NIL..what they got going on now is a disaster and completely unfair. There has to be some regulations and rules. I’d probably look at bringing back the 1 year transfer rule and make a firm example of teams that are tampering. 

Not that it matters because he won’t play as long as Maye is At UNC but Criswell enters portal after Clemson loss, and I believe he is already committed to Arkansas. Lol. Def some behind the scenes payola going on there. 

Lord knows how I was when I was a teenager, but with the social media stuff and Twitter announcements etc these kids are all spoiled and if they don’t get their way they will just pack up and go home. NCAA has a mess on its hands but they are a terrible organization with zero leadership and accountability so I’m sure nothing will be done. :P

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, Basbear said:

this sounds broken as alllllll helll......

It is completely broken. There are no rules and no regulations except for that the school can’t directly pay the players for whatever sham NIL deal they can bribe them with. Friends of the program can though. NCAA had a chancE to get out in front of it but they were not proactive at all about anything. 

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

Me personally, I never took it as a negative thing.

To me, it was more of there's a new sheriff in town and positive change will come, and everyone here will compete 

Right. When that 1 kid asked what the off-season program would look like, Deion said he’s gonna try and make them quit lol. Said something like “I dont wanna get to the season and find out o got Jane when I had Tarzan in the off-season”

40 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

It is completely broken. There are no rules and no regulations except for that the school can’t directly pay the players for whatever sham NIL deal they can bribe them with. Friends of the program can though. NCAA had a chancE to get out in front of it but they were not proactive at all about anything. 

Im still green and this is a extreme take- so the entire team can "portal" and go-to the highest bidder/offer?? who the fug thought this was needed? Im allllll for getting the young men plenty of options and money. this sounds this a made-up video cheat code BS.... 

another weird question(i got too many) can you return to the team after portal??, do/can they up their "offer" to get someone to return or not enter??

what the fug.....

Pretty much the entire UNC secondary is entering the portal. I'm serious to see how they play elsewhere. None of them lived up to their recruiting billing. I seriously think Dre Bly should be replaced as the DB coach. Keep him on the staff in some way, even if it's as a dedicated recruiter but the DBs just did not play well and showed no development under him and I don't blame them for bailing.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pretty much the entire UNC secondary is entering the portal. I'm serious to see how they play elsewhere. None of them lived up to their recruiting billing. I seriously think Dre Bly should be replaced as the DB coach. Keep him on the staff in some way, even if it's as a dedicated recruiter but the DBs just did not play well and showed no development under him and I don't blame them for bailing.

Someone asked on a UNC social post if the heels will have anybody to play in the secondary next year?

my question is did they have anyone playing in the secondary this year? Easily one of the worst I’ve ever seen 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Someone asked on a UNC social post if the heels will have anybody to play in the secondary next year?

my question is did they have anyone playing in the secondary this year? Easily one of the worst I’ve ever seen 

Yeah, there were terrible. Curious to see next year if they play better elsewhere. I'm just not seeing much evidence our secondary kids are getting coached up.

The worst I've ever seen though was the Tre Boston years. I couldn't tell if he was part of the problem or if he was just having to cover for everyone else's mistakes. In hindsight, the answer to both questions was "yes".