• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College Bowl Games

jayboogieman

Look, I know you're backed up deep in your own territory and it's 4th and 10 but down two TDs with only one timeout and 6 minutes to go you have to make a choice. Do you want to try to win the game but risk getting blown out by going for it or do you want to try to make sure the final score looks respectable but basically ensure you lose by punting? Clemson chose the latter 

You don't get to replay the game in that moment. It is what it is. You're trailing 28-24 with six minutes to go and only one timeout and it's 4th and 10 from your own 20. Shitty situation but it is what it is. If you punt, you've lost. If you go for it and don't get it you've lost. If you go for it and you get it you're probably still gonna lose but at least you've given yourself a legit fighting chance.

You can't punt there if you're actually trying to give yourself a chance to win versus just trying to save face and not have the final score look like a skull dragging.

23 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I can see TCU having a chance, but I think Stroud gets further exposed tonight. UGA is going to pressure him all game long and he doesn't do well under pressure.

Definitely looking forward to seeing Stroud play UGA's D. If he struggles again it definitely adds a lot of fuel to my suspicion that he might be a guy that has to be surrounded by talent that is simply superior to his opposition. That just doesn't happen in the NFL. Sure, some teams are obviously better than others but the talent gap is a lot smaller than what you see in college when powerhouse teams face off against non-powerhouse teams.

• Beer 2

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Definitely looking forward to seeing Stroud play UGA's D. If he struggles again it definitely adds a lot of fuel to my suspicion that he might be a guy that has to be surrounded by talent that is simply superior to his opposition. That just doesn't happen in the NFL. Sure, some teams are obviously better than others but the talent gap is a lot smaller than what you see in college when powerhouse teams face off against non-powerhouse teams.

Here’s to Stroud dropping to our 2nd round pick! Highly improbable, but I can’t still root for it. 

I was thinking last night what it might take to get the Texans off #1 for Young. Would they go for Burns + 2 1sts? Probably not. Not sure I’d want that anyway with Darnold playing decent and the 2024 crop of QBs looking strong. 

Edited by ECHornet

15 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Here’s to Stroud dropping to our 2nd round pick! Highly improbable, but I can’t still root for it. 

I was thinking last night what it might take to get the Texans off #1 for Young. Would they go for Burns + 2 1sts? Probably not. Not sure I’d want that anyway with Darnold playing decent and the 2024 crop of QBs looking strong. 

I'm not opposed to going all in on a QB like that. I just don't see anyone in this class is be willing to go all in on. They all have warts. That's not to say one or more won't be great NFL QBs. All the best young QBs currently in the league all had warts. I just can't rationalize making an all in move on one.

• Pie 1