• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs devils 7pm puck drop

Panthers Fan 69

8 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Nice job, guys. 

If the Canes faced teams that couldn't score to save their lives like my team for 82 games, they'd go undefeated. 😕

I told you all pre-game that they basically couldn't score even if they were given a "freebie" at a Brothel.

It took only a great play by Jack to even break the shutout.

Welcome to first place.

Please be better representatives here than my team was. 

Keep your head up. Y’all have a good team. We played like that earlier in the year when we couldn’t score.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Postgame Quotes:

Jordan Staal discussing the importance of getting the game's first goal in the opening minute and the role it played on the rest of the game...

"It always helps. We made it hard for them to come back and it might have been a big reason why we gave up a bunch of shots. We were trying to contain them but they're a tough team to contain. It was nice to get the early lead and then Koochie stole the rest of it for us from there."

Jesperi Kotkaniemi on the play of Pyotr Kochetkov in net...

"It was one of those nights where you really need a good goalie and he was there, standing on his head. That's what good teams need if you want to go far."

Rod Brind'Amour summarizing his thoughts on the contest as a whole...

"We weren't very good and they were, so give them a lot of credit. They did what they wanted to do, we were just able to capitalize on a few of their mistakes. We started great and I thought we were ready to go, but that was our best shift of the game, really. We just weren't real tight with what we needed to do. It felt like we were chasing them most of the game but our goalie was obviously great tonight."

• Pie 1

Full Recap @ NHL.com

Notes:

• The Canes move to 20-6-6 and took sole possession of first place in the Metropolitan Division with the victory.
  • With their point streak of 12 games, the team is now just one shy of matching the franchise record. The team has had two 13-game point streaks since 2017.
  • Pyotr Kochetkov improves to 10-1-4 with the win. He has now won five consecutive starts.
  • Seth Jarvis played in his 100th NHL game tonight. The 20-year-old has now produced 56 points, giving him the third most points by any player from the 2020 draft class through their first 100 games.
Edited by Stumpy
hanuman
  • Pie 1

12 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Keep your head up. Y’all have a good team. We played like that earlier in the year when we couldn’t score.   

Ya hockey is about peaks and valleys. No team stays hot for the entire season(outside of a couple anomalies), though as an aside Boston is testing that theory this year, and I am so god damn sick and tired of playing Boston in the playoffs. It’s more about managing when they happen and trying to contain the damage. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Nice job, guys. 

If the Canes faced teams that couldn't score to save their lives like my team for 82 games, they'd go undefeated. 😕

I told you all pre-game that they basically couldn't score even if they were given a "freebie" at a Brothel.

It took only a great play by Jack to even break the shutout.

Welcome to first place.

Please be better representatives here than my team was. 

It happens to even the best teams. No doubt we’ll be seeing y’all in the playoffs this year. 

• Pie 1

RBA is absolutely right when he says that was not a well=played game. That may have been the most shots given up this season so far.

When I'm seeing a team double up the Canes with shots on goal, I'm very worried this isn't a game they can win. And, without a lot of doubt, I think I can say this game is a loss with Raanta, Ned, Mrazek in goal. Maybe even Anderson.

Cannot allow offensive-minded teams with shooters all over the roster put up nearly 40 shots on goal.

• Pie 2

So what does everyone think the lines will look like when fully healthy?

If I had to guess, I’d go:

Pacioretty - Aho - Teravainen

Svechnikov - Kotkaniemi - Necas

Martinook - Staal - Fast

Noesen - Stastny - Jarvis

Extra’s: Stepan - Kase

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

de Haan - Chatfield

Kochetkov

Andersen

Raanta

Call Up’s: Drury, Coghlan, Lajoie

I honestly don’t even think we have to add a forward at the deadline. Though if we do, I think an upgrade at 2C would be in order. We could ship out salary in Stastny, Kase, and Andersen and then prospects and draft picks as the main sweeteners.

I do however think it’s important that we find a PMD for the third pair for the playoffs, whether it be through signing Morrow and bringing him up or making a trade.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

So what does everyone think the lines will look like when fully healthy?

If I had to guess, I’d go:

Pacioretty - Aho - Teravainen

Svechnikov - Kotkaniemi - Necas

Martinook - Staal - Fast

Noesen - Stastny - Jarvis

Extra’s: Stepan - Kase

Slavin - Burns

Skjei - Pesce

de Haan - Chatfield

Kochetkov

Andersen

Raanta

Call Up’s: Drury, Coghlan, Lajoie

I honestly don’t even think we have to add a forward at the deadline. Though if we do, I think an upgrade at 2C would be in order. We could ship out salary in Stastny, Kase, and Andersen and then prospects and draft picks as the main sweeteners.

I do however think it’s important that we find a PMD for the third pair for the playoffs, whether it be through signing Morrow and bringing him up or making a trade.

Whatever it takes to put TT in a position where he feels comfortable shooting when the opportunity presents itself. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why he is so hesitant to shoot, especially when only positive things happen.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

Whatever it takes to put TT in a position where he feels comfortable shooting when the opportunity presents itself. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why he is so hesitant to shoot, especially when only positive things happen.

Lolol I can’t be the only one that thought that the only reason he took that shot last night on the short handed break was because there wasn’t anyone else to pass to lol.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

RBA is absolutely right when he says that was not a well=played game. That may have been the most shots given up this season so far.

When I'm seeing a team double up the Canes with shots on goal, I'm very worried this isn't a game they can win. And, without a lot of doubt, I think I can say this game is a loss with Raanta, Ned, Mrazek in goal. Maybe even Anderson.

Cannot allow offensive-minded teams with shooters all over the roster put up nearly 40 shots on goal.

Also took too many penalties and no powerplay conversions. Same ol same ol that will have us exiting the playoffs again.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Also took too many penalties and no powerplay conversions. Same ol same ol that will have us exiting the playoffs again.

5 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Dude….

He’s right though. We have to start converting on the PP. I don’t think we scored one PP goal on the road last year against Boston or NYR in the playoffs. Hopefully Patches helps there. 

• Pie 1