• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The competent thing to do.

1of10Charnatives

Yea this isn’t 2012 Brady or the patriots. He’s lost a of games this year in really ugly and unprecedented fashion. This is a a case of having some really special CBs. We should have made adjustments to slow down Evans but the reality is the horn injury (thanks Chinn) cost us this game. Neither CJ Henderson nor Keith Taylor should be on this team or any team next year and they were CB1 and CB2 today. If you took away positions they are comparable in NFL level skill to Nate Chandler.  Henderson is benwekiere.

Why do so many people on this board think other teams aren't going to score? Even good defenses are giving up 30 points this is the NFL if you want to be relevant your offense has to go toe to toe and not kick field goals. I'm over the defensive identity of this team. I want to build a juggernaut offense.

• Pie 4

The Niners gave up 400 yards of offense and 3 touchdowns to Jarrett Stidham yesterday and had to take it to overtime to put the Raiders away. There is no path to the playoffs where you are going to win with an offense putting up less than 30 points.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Gotta take your chances on that. If something is working you gotta try something different.

Wilks has been willing to do that before.

Bottom line for me about yesterday though is I don't think anything was going to matter. We weren't winning that game.

I'd throw in that Bowles and his defensive staff seemed to do a better job handling our offense as the game went on.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wilks has been willing to do that before.

Bottom line for me about yesterday though is I don't think anything was going to matter. We weren't winning that game.

I'd throw in that Bowles and his defensive staff seemed to do a better job handling our offense as the game went on.

You can't keep leaving overmatched CBs on an island with a guy who is just absolutely smoking them deep. You have to have a safety rolled over the top of Evans every snap. Yeah, other guys might eat you up then. But you have to take your chances on that because what you know for sure is that Mike Evans is tearing you up RIGHT NOW and you gotta change that. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You can't keep leaving overmatched CBs on an island with a guy who is just absolutely smoking them deep. You have to have a safety rolled over the top of Evans every snap. Yeah, other guys might eat you up then. But you have to take your chances on that because what you know for sure is that Mike Evans is tearing you up RIGHT NOW and you gotta change that. 

See above.

We could be Dr Strange and play out an infinite number of "what if" scenarios from yesterday but still wind up with nothing in the end. And no matter what else occurs, I don't see Wilks getting the full time job...and I'm okay with it.

I'd throw in that I think Chris Godwin is very underrated. He's long been a guy I'd be happy to have wearing our colors.

11 minutes ago, parker said:

Then the posts would be, "why didn't we double team Godwin. We failed to adjust to stop him."

At least you tried something different. Leaving Evans singled up was begging to lose. Try to find other instances in the NFL where a single receiver has 3 DEEP TDs against single man coverage. It's rare for multiple reasons but one of the key ones is that you're gonna stop leaving that guy on an island because you realize that isn't working.

• Pie 1