• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer Burned us, but he can fix it.

top dawg

Just now, top dawg said:

Well, the point appeared to be having the job now.

I have to imagine if he survives after the season his ass better find a franchise qb or his job is going to vanish.  Remember one of the beat guys said tepper was furious at picking up darnolds option and that is 100% on fitt.  So in short I think fitts leash is super short as we sit here today.  He could be gone if one of those mega coaching candidates wants to bring their own guy as gm so i guess we will see

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

If it's Tepper actively meddling then what does it matter if we fired Fitterer or not? If it's Wilks having enough input to overrule the GM, then the FO is so broken there is no hope of fixing it.

Just human nature.  Hypothetically, if you have the Owner and HC providing you with their input to not do that trade, you better be damn sure of your job security and your own assessment of the situation before you decline that input.

guys this isn’t how football works, you don’t keep rolling over staff, letting the coach make GM hires, letting a twice fired GM (previously journalist) have input…

Everything Tepper has done is just ass backwards. Serious question - you all know that right?

people who want fit back, you all know that no franchise really functions like this right? Like you’re feeding in that ‘smarter than the rest of nfl and it’s history, we are path maker’ mentality, that has failed so very bad right?

because if you do know all that it’s just very odd how our fans react to things like keep staff around/rolling them over, despite why they’re here mot even making sense in the first place 

like wtf are you guys thinking it just doesn’t make sense. It this a madden franchise mode tactic or something? (I don’t play)

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Just human nature.  Hypothetically, if you have the Owner and HC providing you with their input to not do that trade, you better be damn sure of your job security and your own assessment of the situation before you decline that input.

Oh I definitely understand that happens but there is a Dan Snyder level or Jerry Jones level of meddling, as well. TBQH, Tepper reminds me of that.

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

guys this isn’t how football works, you don’t keep rolling over staff, letting the coach make GM hires, letting a twice fired GM (previously journalist) have input…

Everything Tepper has done is just ass backwards. Serious question - you all know that right?

people who want fit back, you all know that no franchise really functions like this right? Like you’re feeding in that ‘smarter than the rest of nfl and it’s history, we are path maker’ mentality, that has failed so very bad right?

because if you do know all that it’s just very odd how our fans react to things like keep staff around/rolling them over, despite why they’re here mot even making sense in the first place 

like wtf are you guys thinking it just doesn’t make sense. It this a madden franchise mode tactic or something? (I don’t play)

You are not wrong 

3 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Doing things our way is The Process we decided to embark on. It's really become The Brand.

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Oh I definitely understand that happens but there is a Dan Snyder level or Jerry Jones level of meddling, as well. TBQH, Tepper reminds me of that.

And I just don't see why. Other than hiring (or if you want to say "keeping") the wrong guys, Tepper hasn't done anything. He has not meddled, he has just made questionable decisions hiring guys that don't know what they're doing.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And I just don't see why. Other than hiring (or if you want to say"keeping") the wrong guys, Tepper hasn't done anything. He has not meddled, he has just made questionable decisions hiring guys that don't know what they're doing.

We don't know that he has or hasn't directly meddled. We just hear rumors about it.

It's not a reality TV show, some things we don't learn, some things we learn eventually and some are just whispers that aren't ever confirmed.

He strikes me as a meddling type. His personality suggests it. Could be wrong about that but we do hear rumors about him being directly involved and we do see him being pretty involved in some of the Panthers own videos. Ultimately what level is hard for us to definitely say.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It is absolutely not Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones meddling to have discussions with your GM about potential trade of star/perceived star players. I mean, we absolutely know that Tepper, who wanted Fields, let his GM and HC overrule him.  But he also probably forced Rhule to put Wilks on his staff. We know that Jones has been the one to make draft selections in the past, which Tepper does not do. We also know he has forced coaches on staff, which Tepper may have done - but, most of us actually saw that as a necessity.  I actually think that by letting him have control early of his staff he demonstrated he ISN'T Jones.

What's weird to me is this forum has people that say all of these things in the same breath: Tepper is an idiot for hiring Rhule and letting him pick his staff, but meddles at the degree of Jerry Jones in player and coach choices.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

It is absolutely not Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones meddling to have discussions with your GM about potential trade of star/perceived star players. I mean, we absolutely know that Tepper, who wanted Fields, let his GM and HC overrule him.  But he also probably forced Rhule to put Wilks on his staff. We know that Jones has been the one to make draft selections in the past, which Tepper does not do. We also know he has forced coaches on staff, which Tepper may have done - but, most of us actually saw that as a necessity.  I actually think that by letting him have control early of his staff he demonstrated he ISN'T Jones.

What's weird to me is this forum has people that say all of these things in the same breath: Tepper is an idiot for hiring Rhule and letting him pick his staff, but meddles at the degree of Jerry Jones in player and coach choices.

We don't KNOW much of anything that Tepper did or didn't do unless he has said it. As for Fields, maybe that is true he likes him but maybe Rhule the con man conned him into something else. Or maybe he just let them do their thing and didn't interject at all. We have no idea.

All I am saying is that his personality from what I have seen reminds me of a micromanaging type, which leans towards meddling. I have no idea whether that is truly the case nor do you. That's just my read on Tepper the man from limited inputs.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We don't KNOW much of anything that Tepper did or didn't do unless he has said it. As for Fields, maybe that is true he likes him but maybe Rhule the con man conned him into something else. Or maybe he just let them do their thing and didn't interject at all. We have no idea.

All I am saying is that his personality from what I have seen reminds me of a micromanaging type, which leans towards meddling. I have no idea whether that is truly the case nor do you. That's just my read on Tepper the man from limited inputs.

That's fair. I think we've heard from other sources he really doesn't meddle, but those are obviously sources close to the org so who knows if you can trust them.

edit: I think the only thing we know for sure is:

1) Tepper was repeatedly said to have wanted Fields and pushed for his drafting in pursuit of a superstar franchise QB, and

2) We ended up with Wilks on the coaching staff, who had no real connections at all to Rhule, who was made interim HC, which really looks like a move by the owner.

Edited by mav1234
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We don't know that he has or hasn't directly meddled. We just hear rumors about it.

It's not a reality TV show, some things we don't learn, some things we learn eventually and some are just whispers that aren't ever confirmed.

He strikes me as a meddling type. His personality suggests it. Could be wrong about that but we do hear rumors about him being directly involved and we do see him being pretty involved in some of the Panthers own videos. Ultimately what level is hard for us to definitely say.

Everything that Tepper has said, news reports that we've read, and indeed Tepper's demeanor during the draft pretty much say that he allows the guys that he's hired to make decisions. That could change, particularly due to the disaster of the Rhule era, but there is really nothing pointing to Tepper being anything but an involved owner. There is zero evidence that Tepper has undermined his hirelings' authority in any manner. Everything points to the contrary.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Everything that Tepper has said, news reports that we've read, and indeed Tepper's demeanor during the draft pretty much say that he allows the guys that he's hired to make decisions. That could change, particularly due to the disaster of the Rhule era, but there is really nothing pointing to Tepper being anything but an involved owner. There is zero evidence that Tepper has undermined his hirelings' authority in any manner. Everything points to the contrary.

The only argument I'd make to the contrary of this is Wilks' hiring (and subsequent elevation to interim HC).

• Beer 1