• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jim Harbaugh has convo with David Tepper

Daeavorn

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

His run after catch ability is among the best in the league.

Why did you misquote me Scot? I explicitly wrote "average 1WR." And I completely stand by it. His YAC is great, other areas of his game lack a bit compared to true elite wideouts. I'm completely happy with him as our #1, he is fine in that role. But he's just an average #1. Here's a non-comprehensive list of guys who are easily better than him:

Justin Jefferson, Cooper Kupp, JaMarr Chase, Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, Stefon Diggs, DeAndre Hopkins, AJ Brown, Mike Evans, CeeDee Lamb, Jaylen Waddle. Give or take a few that puts him right smack dab in the middle of average for a #1WR if you assume there are somewhere between 20-32 #1 WRs (not every team has a legit #1).

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

If ninth among all WRs in yardage over the last 5 years is average, either 15 teams have disbanded or you're selling him short

See my above response to Scot

Edited by t96

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

Why did you misquote me Scot? I explicitly wrote "average 1WR." And I completely stand by it. His YAC is great, other areas of his game lack a bit compared to true elite wideouts. I'm completely happy with him as our #1, he is fine in that role. But he's just an average #1. Here's a non-comprehensive list of guys who are easily better than him:

Justin Jefferson, Cooper Kupp, JaMarr Chase, Tyreek Hill, Davante Adams, Stefon Diggs, DeAndre Hopkins, AJ Brown, Mike Evans, CeeDee Lamb, Jaylen Waddle. Give or take a few that puts him right smack dab in the middle of average for a #1WR if you assume there are somewhere between 20-32 #1 WRs (not every team has a legit #1).

See my above response to Scot

I didn't. I just put in context what I was quoting (as opposed to your entire post).

Now, if you want to say that Moore is a better #2 receiver than a #1, you're not the first or the only person to make that argument. And I'd agree there could be some validity to it.

It's kinda hard to say for sure though given that he's about the only threat anybody takes seriously at that spot. Marshall has potential but it's still just that so far.

36 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I actually think Payton wants to go to Denver, Harbaugh wants to see if there is interest here. My guess is there are nothing but smokescreens until Black Monday. This coming Monday.

General belief was Payton wants the Chargers but it's not certain they fire Staley.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Can't find any confirmation of it so far...

Yeah, just searched around a little and same. Weird how many people are stating it as fact on their forum though. Just went over there now and was reading a new thread from today and once again I see ppl stating it from posts today. Surprised to not see anyone debunking it yet on there (if not true). 

3 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

Yeah, just searched around a little and same. Weird how many people are stating it as fact on their forum though. Just went over there now and was reading a new thread from today and once again I see ppl stating it from posts today. Surprised to not see anyone debunking it yet on there (if not true). 

Honestly, people on a football forum running with rumors that may or may not be factual doesn't surprise me that much 😕

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Honestly, people on a football forum running with rumors that may or may not be factual doesn't surprise me that much 😕

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Can't find any confirmation of it so far...

I do see Sports Illustrated posted an article 7 hours ago that says:

"Harbaugh's agent will find offers in the eight-figures annually from several NFL teams should Harbaugh decide to make the jump."

but whoever wrote it may not be aware he represents himself or just assumes he will hire an agent to negotiate a NFL deal. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Was joking about rumors...

Now with that said, my worry about Tepper is his love of big, splashy moves.

I prefer smart moves.

I think that Harbaugh would be a smart move...at least until it's not. I think that you at least have to try, and it seems as though Tepper has. I'm skeptical Jimbo is coming here though (or anywhere in the league). On to Steichen and Johnson and whoever else at the appointed times.

• Pie 2