• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most Efficient Passing Game in the past 6 Weeks

Ghostface Chilla

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

Traditional and advanced stats all say this is a different Darnold, but he's still unable to lead the team to a win when it's all on his shoulders 

I am as big of a Darnold critic as they come but if you limit him and leave him in situations where he is more likely to  succeed this is the result. 

McAdoo is a wild idiot but he does deserve credit for working better with Darnold than probably any OC in his career.

Now, all that said.......Darnold has no future with a successful Carolina Panthers franchise. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I’m ready for new coach to make the decision. It could be Darnold but most likely a rookie gotta love those rookie QB contracts 

Maybe. We really aren't gonna have any idea until we know the HC and OC.

This might be one of the most interesting offseasons in franchise history.

• Beer 2

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He has had one good game, and lost in that one.   We can do better. 

ONE?

uhh... *looks at stats*

I don't think so.

Are you sure you're not looking at LAST YEARS Stats?

He'll make a very good backup somewhere but he played solid for all but ONE game (the Steelers...and even in that game, he still took care of the football)

Edited by glenwo2

Just give him a five year contract and let him compete because he's such a nice guy and he tries so hard. This is a family affair.

Do any of ya'll that don't keep Sam Darnold's codpiece on your nightstand remember just four years ago when turning the ball over and losing football games was a deal breaker for this fanbase?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Just give him a five year contract and let him compete because he's such a nice guy and he tries so hard. This is a family affair.

Do any of ya'll that don't keep Sam Darnold's codpiece on your nightstand remember just four years ago when turning the ball over and losing football games was a deal breaker for this fanbase?

I imagine it still is.

Last season was a pure dumpster fire in that regard. 

But that said, you have to admit that aside from the Bucs game (where 2 turnovers weren't exactly his fault), he's been pretty mindful of not turning the ball over.

Does that mean I want him to Start?   Not really. 

I still want Corral to get a shot.

But I wouldn't dismiss him as a Backup too quickly, either.

Edited by glenwo2

Sam has proven to easily be the best QB we’ve had since 2017 and I’d definitely keep him as a backup on backup money, even let him run the ship for 4-6 weeks if the rookie we get isn’t quite ready to start the season. But there should be NO allusions to him being a legit candidate for full time starter. He’s not anything more than a Delhomme-esque game manager and most likely will never be more. We need more. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Sam has proven to easily be the best QB we’ve had since 2017 and I’d definitely keep him as a backup on backup money, even let him run the ship for 4-6 weeks if the rookie we get isn’t quite ready to start the season. But there should be NO allusions to him being a legit candidate for full time starter.

He’s not anything more than a Delhomme-esque game manager and most likely will never be more. We need more. 

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

21 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am as big of a Darnold critic as they come but if you limit him and leave him in situations where he is more likely to  succeed this is the result. 

McAdoo is a wild idiot but he does deserve credit for working better with Darnold than probably any OC in his career.

Now, all that said.......Darnold has no future with a successful Carolina Panthers franchise. 

I wonder when that will happen....

Bored Cabin Fever GIF