• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL coaching and front office news

Mr. Scot

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He still has to be putting feelers out for his potential staff. Having actual names of guys you've contacted and know have potential interest to give Tepper is a much better case to make than simply saying your plan is to hire a good OC then have to admit that no, you haven't actually seen if those guys have are actually interested.

He could sell it better if he had a guy like LeFluer committed to be OC if he got the job. That would be hard to say no to.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He could sell it better if he had a guy like LeFluer committed to be OC if he got the job. That would be hard to say no to.

Yeah, I would be shocked if he didn't go into that interview with a pretty well put together plan regarding how he plans to approach the offensive side of the ball, the OC or at least OC candidates being a key piece of that plan. I mean if he didn't, he's basically out.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

Shea Tierney over Mike LaFleur for OC.

Brian Daboll has been capitalizing off of Tierney since the national championship game with Alabama (Tierney was there with Saban before Daboll arrived and Daboll took this football genius with him). Tierney has been behind the success of Brian Daboll, Ken Dorsey, Nick Foles, Jalen Hurts, Tua Tagovailoa, Josh Allen, and Daniel Jones.

I would want him as HC, but he needs a couple seasons as OC and demonstrate he can create an immediate impact in that role like he has for all the instant success for the others he has touched. For now, pairing him with Kafka as HC is the best move.

I see Kafka being an Andy Reid type HC and Shea Tierney being a cross of Bill Walsh/Bill Belichick type HC. Without Kafka and Tierney, I believe Daboll falls back down to earth. Daboll put Dorsey in place with the Bills to prep Tierney for his future OC. He gives Kafka (who was prepped to be OC for Reid) his shot at OC to help develop Tierney even more for OC. Tierney has been prepping for OC under Daboll for 5 years.

If you want an immediate improvement on offense, you give the HC position to Kafka if he brings Tierney with him as OC. Then trade Kafka to another team when Tierney is ready to be HC. Same plan I suggested when the Panthers went to the SB; Trade Rivera's contract for what you can get and promote McDermott.

Tierney in 2 to 3 seasons will give you the best of Bill Walsh, Bill Belichick, Nick Saban, and Chip Kelly. You will have a young coach who is a crossbreed of 4 coaching trees and can find and develop QBs at will on the college or NFL level. He has the perfect combination of psychology, data analytics, game planning, development, and scouting.

Kafka-Tierney combo with Tierney moving up as the HC in time will lead a team to a dynasty.

If I got my way I would put Sean McVay, Mike Kafka, and Shea Tierney in a room. McVay moving to a GM role, Kafka as the HC, and Tierney as the OC. Eventually, McVay would take a Co-GM role with Tierney as Co-GM/HC after Kafka's rights are traded to another team.

I hope the Panthers don't miss another rare window while watching another team benefit from getting it right.

• Pie 1