• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

Just now, Navy_football said:

Shanahan said Garoppolo could be back for the NFC Championship. If he's back, they have a chance. Purdy has taken them as far as he can. 

#1 defense in the NFL. I wouldn’t bet against the niners even with Purdy at QB. Defense still wins championships.  

7 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Shanahan said Garoppolo could be back for the NFC Championship. If he's back, they have a chance. Purdy has taken them as far as he can. 

Shanahan said he "would be surprised" is Jimmy G w3oudl be healthy next week. I doubt Jimmy G is active. 

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said he "would be surprised" if QB Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) is available next week. 

Garoppolo shed his walking boot and was cleared to work off the side at practice this week. While there's hope Garoppolo can return this postseason, Shanahan said there's a "better chance" he'll be available for the Super Bowl if the 49ers get there than the NFC Championship. Garoppolo would be returning as a backup to rookie Brock Purdy if he makes it back.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ickmule said:

#1 defense in the NFL. I wouldn’t bet against the niners even with Purdy at QB. Defense still wins championships.  

I agree with that. But running QBs present challenges that defenses can't always prepare for. The 49ers linebackers do have wheels though. If any defense can keep up with Hurts, they can.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I think Purdy is as good as, if not better, than Jimmy G tbh

Purdy was very limited in the throws he could make yesterday. If you can take away the middle of the field, he's relegated to screens only. I don't think I saw one deep out route or hitch/comeback completed outside the numbers. 

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

Purdy was very limited in the throws he could make yesterday. If you can take away the middle of the field, he's relegated to screens only. I don't think I saw one deep out route or hitch/comeback completed outside the numbers. 

Don't think he's any more limited in his throws than Jimmy. Let's not act like Jimmy is a dynamic QB that can extend plays and throw it deep either.

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Shanahan said he "would be surprised" is Jimmy G w3oudl be healthy next week. I doubt Jimmy G is active. 

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said he "would be surprised" if QB Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) is available next week. 

Garoppolo shed his walking boot and was cleared to work off the side at practice this week. While there's hope Garoppolo can return this postseason, Shanahan said there's a "better chance" he'll be available for the Super Bowl if the 49ers get there than the NFC Championship. Garoppolo would be returning as a backup to rookie Brock Purdy if he makes it back.

I just don't see Purdy being able to keep up with Hurts and the Eagles. He limits the offense now. There's enough tape on him now to scheme him have to play to his weaknesses. 

2 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Don't think he's any more limited in his throws than Jimmy. Let's not act like Jimmy is a dynamic QB that can extend plays and throw it deep either.

Oh heck no, I don't think Jimmy is very good. He was the biggest hinderance to that offense. Purdy is definitely better extending plays. Jimmy has better command of the offense though. But to be fair, he should. 

7 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

We’re going to end up with f’n Wilks… smh

We will see. It will be interesting to read about how the interview went today. I wasn’t on the Payton train but I think I’m leaving that way, maybe Tepper doesn’t let him leave lol. 

• Pie 1