• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

Much like the draft, I break it into tiers....

Happy with any of these four HCs, pending who they bring in as their respective OC/DCs.....It's a package deal:

• Wilks 
  • Johnson
  • Steichen
  • Ryans

Wouldn't be mad/sad, but do think they are in a tier below the above for me:

• Caldwell
  • Reich

Too soon for them this cycle. Don't trust them to be "the man" quite yet :

• Kafka
  • Moore 
  • Dorsey

Belicheat position coach that is, IMO, being considered to satisfy Rooney rule (unfortunately) :

• Mayo
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Much like the draft, I break it into tiers....

Happy with any of these four HCs, pending who they bring in as their respective OC/DCs.....It's a package deal:

• Wilks 
  • Johnson
  • Steichen
  • Ryans

Wouldn't be mad/sad, but do think they are in a tier below the above for me:

• Caldwell
  • Reich

Too soon for them this cycle. Don't trust them to be "the man" quite yet :

• Kafka
  • Moore 
  • Dorsey

Belicheat position coach that is, IMO, being considered to satisfy Rooney rule (unfortunately) :

• Mayo

I can’t disagree with this list 

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports, "Sean McVay informed members of the Rams organization that he will be staying on as the head coach."

McVay took some time off to mull retirement after the Rams' season ended and even gave his coaches free reign to look for new jobs. Ultimately, he will stay on board and try to recapture the team's Super Bowl magic from a year ago. The 2022 season was a brutal one for LA. Three of their five highest-paid players saw their seasons end early because of injuries. Beyond that, their depth at receiver and offensive line was pushed to breaking points because of additional injuries. The Rams ended the year at 5-12, winning two of their final 11 games. With no first-round pick and limited cap space to work with, McVay will need to work overtime to get his team back to the postseason. However, if injury luck breaks their way in 2023, the Rams will still be a strong contender in the NFC.

Johnson intrigues me, but my main concern is his inexperience, which he has less of than guys like Dorsey, Moore, Ryans, or Steichen.

I really don't understand why everyone is expecting him to be a slam dunk.

And I say this knowing that I would be excited he is our coach, I just don't get the optimism with him as a candidate compared to the others. 

Is it because he's a local guy? 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Johnson intrigues me, but my main concern is his inexperience, which he has less of than guys like Dorsey, Moore, Ryans, or Steichen.

I really don't understand why everyone is expecting him to be a slam dunk.

And I say this knowing that I would be excited he is our coach, I just don't get the optimism with him as a candidate compared to the others. 

Is it because he's a local guy? 

Not clear. Are you saying he's more experienced than those guys or less experienced?

Panthers not currently expected to host 49ers’ DeMeco Ryans for interview

The Carolina Panthers are among four teams that have requested permission to interview San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator DeMeco Ryans for a head coaching job. In fact, the only team with a coaching vacancy that has not put in a request is the Indianapolis Colts.

Interestingly, Mike Kaye of The Charlotte Observer reports that the Panthers do not currently intend to host Ryans for an interview. Assistant coaches on NFL teams playing this weekend can be interviewed starting on Tuesday. Assistant coaches on the two teams playing on Monday night must wait until Wednesday.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/165814-panthers-currently-expected-host-49ers-demeco-ryans-interview/

5 minutes ago, Panthers316 said:

There's talk he might go back to the Texans.

(there's also talk he might avoid them entirely)🤔

They'll need to work something out with Mayo now to complete their Rooney Rule obligations, or they'll have to call someone else.

Edited by Mr. Scot

• Jim Caldwell
    Former Lions and Colts Head Coach
  • Ken Dorsey
    Bills Offensive Coordinator
  • Jim Harbaugh
    University of Michigan Head Coach
    Spoke to Owner David Tepper, no formal interview
  • Ben Johnson
    Lions Offensive Coordinator
    Interview to be held week of Jan. 16
  • Mike Kafka
    Giants Offensive Coordinator
  • Jerod Mayo
    Patriots Defensive Coordinator
  • Kellen Moore
    Cowboys Offensive Coordinator
  • Frank Reich
    Former Colts Head Coach
    Interview held on Wednesday, Jan. 11
  • Shane Steichen
  • Eagles Offensive Coordinator
    Interview to be held on Saturday, Jan. 14
  • Steve Wilks
    Panthers Interim Head Coach

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports, "Sean McVay informed members of the Rams organization that he will be staying on as the head coach."

McVay took some time off to mull retirement after the Rams' season ended and even gave his coaches free reign to look for new jobs. Ultimately, he will stay on board and try to recapture the team's Super Bowl magic from a year ago. The 2022 season was a brutal one for LA. Three of their five highest-paid players saw their seasons end early because of injuries. Beyond that, their depth at receiver and offensive line was pushed to breaking points because of additional injuries. The Rams ended the year at 5-12, winning two of their final 11 games. With no first-round pick and limited cap space to work with, McVay will need to work overtime to get his team back to the postseason. However, if injury luck breaks their way in 2023, the Rams will still be a strong contender in the NFC.

Why in the actual f*ck did Sean believe THAT would be an appropriate Profile picture?