• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Even if a candidate thinks he is only there due to the Rooney rule he should interview. It gives him the experience of interviewing for a head coach job which will benefit him down the road which is the points of the R[ney rule to begin with. Dont focus on how you got there but what you learn to help move you forward.

100% agree with this with one exception that very well could be taking place behind the scenes.

This actually makes me think the Patriots have already discussed/agreed behind the scenes that Mayo is the coach in waiting and that Bill plans on retiring within a couple of years.

Anything short of that, and someone of Mayo's stature turning down an HC interview just wouldn't make any sense.  He's an up and coming young candidate who hasn't been an HC before, you have to take every interview asked for at that stage.  This isn't like Quinn last year turning down a few interview asks because he didn't like the situation, he'd been an HC before and knew for a fact that he'd be a hot name the following year, very different than Mayo.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

So virtual and in-person interview? That means he’s the only Candidate with essentially two interviews so far?

My guess is Kunkel may have gotten it wrong because I haven't been able to verify it anywhere else.

But if it were true, whoa 😳

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Sorry I don’t have a twitter so im posting screenshots of panthers accounts i follow on instagram 😅

3 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

ok, I have seen this several times...did not notice if they were all from the same person.

Just now, CarolinaLivin said:

Ill probably find a different way to post information i see since its acting weird 

It's not just you.

My guess is it's a change in the board software, possibly to save bandwidth.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

From my mini deep dive on him he is getting mad props from around the league.    I guess we will see.  

I think there’s two things going for us… (for those who want ben johnson)

1. We have the second richest owner in the league

2. This may or may not be his dream job (don’t think that’s been confirmed yet)