• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

What I thought.  Hope they are in love.  Poor Tepper...not sure his ego can take it.  Hopefully he will get so depressed the football guys have to take over.

I keep seeing this point on Huddle about the "football guys". 

They have earned no credibility for us to advocate that Tepper leaves things to them. None of them can point to winning anything anywhere. In fact, it's the opposite. Fitt even counts a former Jets(!) exec as a mentor! 

Damn, Tepper lost leverage with Payton. He needs to put his hat in hand and sincerely call Payton's old buddy Harbaugh back and offer HIM anything now since Sean and his people are talking this junk.

He'd have to be happy with Harbaugh and offer him the keys but at least you don't go out looking like a flailing needy beeyatch.

• Beer 1

About Evero....

Anywhere you turn while examining Denver’s defensive roster, you’ll find a player who improved during Evero’s first season as a defensive coordinator.

Evero has worked for some of the greatest defensive minds in football since entering the NFL as a quality control assistant with the Buccaneers in 2007, shortly after his college career as a safety at UC Davis ended. In Tampa Bay, Evero worked for defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin. Across stops to follow with the 49ers, Packers and Rams, Evero learned from Vic Fangio, Capers, Wade Phillips and Raheem Morris. \

https://theathletic.com/4089161/2023/01/16/ejiro-evero-nfl-head-coach-candidate/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/EverEj0.htm

Coaching History

Year Age Level Employer Role
2004 23 High School Davis HS (CA) Assistant Coach
2005 24 College (FCS) UC Davis Assistant Coach
2006 25 College (FCS) UC Davis Assistant Coach
2007 26 NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers Def. Quality Control
2008 27 NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers Def. Quality Control
2009 28 NFL Tampa Bay Buccaneers Def. Quality Control
2010 29 College (D-III) Univ. of Redlands Special Teams/Safeties
2011 30 NFL San Francisco 49ers Assistant
2012 31 NFL San Francisco 49ers Offensive Assistant
2013 32 NFL San Francisco 49ers Offensive Assistant
2014 33 NFL San Francisco 49ers Defensive Assistant
2015 34 NFL San Francisco 49ers Defensive Assistant
2016 35 NFL Green Bay Packers Def. Quality Control
2017 36 NFL Los Angeles Rams Safeties
2018 37 NFL Los Angeles Rams Safeties
2019 38 NFL Los Angeles Rams Safeties
2020 39 NFL Los Angeles Rams Safeties
2021 40 NFL Los Angeles Rams Def. Passing Game Coordinator/Secondary
2022 41 NFL Denver Broncos Defensive Coor

Worked For

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/EverEj0.htm
Name Role
Jon Gruden Def. Quality Control
Nathaniel Hackett Defensive Coordinator
Jim Harbaugh Assistant, Defensive Assistant, Offensive Assistant
Mike McCarthy Def. Quality Control
Sean McVay Def. Passing Game Coordinator/Secondary, Safeties
Raheem Morris Def. Quality Control
Jim Tomsula Defensive Assistant
Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1

10 minutes ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

Regardless of how this ends I’ll never forgive some of our fans who would sacrifice winning and relevancy for a bunch of “holier than thou” crap

Other people call this actually having a moral compass. The fact that you'll never forgive some of our fans for having a moral compass says everything anyone needs to know about you.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

54 minutes ago, RJK said:

It’s gonna be wilks because nobody else wants the job 🤦🏼‍♂️

It certainly seems this way. You'd think that would be a real eye opener for David Tepper considering that virtually every media outlet ranks the Panthers as the most desirable job opening. If we're getting passed up left and right, Tepper is basically left with himself as the only real reason why. 

Wealthy folks get really confused by problems they can't solve simply by throwing money at it.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Panthers316 said:

The one who wants us is not even getting interviewed by other team tired of the conservative mindset 😴 🙄 😒 give me shane steichen or Ken dorsey

Upstarts scare me. The HC cherry hasn't been popped yet.

The guys that doesn't apply to because their dad's are former NFL coaches are Scott Turner and Lane Kiffin who both have a large wealth NFL staff and knowledge from the sages.

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

Upstarts scare me. The HC cherry hasn't been popped yet.

The guys that doesn't apply to because their dad's are former NFL coaches are Scott Turner and Lane Kiffin who both have a large wealth NFL staff and knowledge from the sages.

Still think wilks is last resort Screenshot_20230118_190347_Twitter.thumb.jpg.65f981e58d93548e658655ea7197bb3f.jpg

12 minutes ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

Regardless of how this ends I’ll never forgive some of our fans who would sacrifice winning and relevancy for a bunch of “holier than thou” crap

Well...honesty, ethical behavior, not advocating assaulting behavior.  I can see why you would be upset.  Fortunately for you, Tepper seems to have no morals and those things seem to mean nothing to him.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1