• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's been reported that Payton wants full control, and Joe Person erson went as far as to say that the current group of football people (including Fitterer and Morgan) would likely be looking for work after Payton got in and hired his own people.

If he's the hire it's gonna be a Tepper decision.

"Being reported", especially on Twitter means NOTHING. Joe Person's informed opinion that Dan and Fitt would lose their jobs is just that, an opinion. I know you love your "insider" scoops, and love to be the first to post Tweets on here ... but, dude ... relax. Let actual things happen. We'll all know when we all know ... and until then, what we think we know is more than likely BS.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

But we wouldn't have thrown away picks to do so

We could just as easily hire a HC who isn't ready for the role, and use those picks on guys who amount to nothing. For every Steve Smith, Cam Newton and Luke Kuechly, there's a Vernon Butler, Kelvin Benjamin, and Devin Funchess.

BTW, I wanted Ben Johnson for this gig and hated the news we requested Payton when Johnson was still a candidate. I'd be happy with Steichen. Honestly I'd be happy with anyone other than Wilks. I don't care how we get there.

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

They aren’t good and 1 is 45 years old.. You’re pretty much trading any future for “maybe” short term success.. And that’s a big maybe.. And what’s stops him from booking as soon as those Qb retire??

What future? We traded for two former top 5 picks that were both young and they both sucked. I damn sure would've rather had a 40-something year old Brady here the past 3 seasons than the poo poo platter of Teddy B, Darnold, and Mayfield.

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Who are you getting if you already have to trade for the coach?? 
And Please no Garapplo, Carr, Brady crap..

Depends which first they trade, I don’t see them trading this years first. If that’s the case there’s your qb. I don’t want carr either but it is an option and he’s better than Sam and PJ

2 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

What future? We traded for two former top 5 picks that were both young and they both sucked. I damn sure would've rather had a 40-something year old Brady here the past 3 seasons than the poo poo platter of Teddy B, Darnold, and Mayfield.

That’s you !! I don’t want to bet on a 45 year old hopefully winning a superbowl in 2 years especially we’re not the Bucs.. They had way more weapons and a better defense.. We don’t..

If Payton does want to come here, I agree, I think it will be the Panthers 2nd round pick (39 overall), a 2024 first round pick, and maybe another future mid-round pick with conditions to get it higher (e.g. a conditional 4th round pick that becomes a 3rd round pick if the Panthers make the playoffs in 2024).