• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold’s Market Value per Spotrac

ECHornet

Just now, Harbingers said:

That’s fair. If we are going the Draft a QB game and we know Matt is already a bust. Darnold for sure thinks he’s still a starter. I’d rather have a teacher back there. 

I'd rather have someone who can step in when that rookie inevitably sucks or is hurt. Winning games is kinda fun. I'd certainly hope Darnold realizes he's not a starter.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

One of the resident Darnold superfans who says he's tired of talking about him starts another Darnold thread lol.

Imagine the satisfaction I got when I scrolled across this assessment of his market value.

Much like my view of Darnold in comparison to yours, I thought this info was worth more than just another comment in a lengthy thread.

If you don't like the info, please email Spotrac or add them to your list of those who have underlying motives.

Also, I'm not a superfan of Darnold and you can barely call me a fan. I just can accurately gauge his current value. 

Edited by ECHornet

Just now, ECHornet said:

Imagine the satisfaction I got when I scrolled across this assessment of his market value.

Much like my view of Darnold in comparison to yours, I thought this info was worth more than just another comment in a lengthy thread.

If you don't like the info, please email Spotrac or add them to your list of those who have underlying motives.

We know his floor we know his ceiling no point in tying up 10 million bucks in that. The Jets already learned the lesson people like yourself just want to keep repeating over and over and over and over.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

And if this bum is the best we can hope for in a backup just make a run at Andy Dalton or see if Minshew is available.

Minshew could make a lot of sense with our interest in Steichen...

I mean I think I've been called a Darnold superfan, and I just don't see much point. His experience has been with (for the most part) Gase and Rhule. It's actually why his career could be vastly different elsewhere if he gets a different, new coach (it probably won't be lol). But it's also why there's better guys, like Dalton, Brisset, and Minshew, that have been in various systems etc and have had some of their own relative success at times.  Darnolds best season was this stretch and he capped it with the worst game by a Panthers QB ever (stats wise)