• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

M Kaye Observer HC candidates pros and cons

raleigh-panther

15 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Jim Harbaugh

Current position: University of Michigan head coach

Pros: On paper, Harbaugh checks off a ton of boxes in the modern NFL. He is a former NFL quarterback who played 15 seasons in the league. He’s also a sound offensive mind and a proven developer of the quarterback position.

His success at both the college (132-52) and NFL (44-19-1) levels is unparalleled within the current scope of the coaching carousel and his four-year stint in San Francisco led to three NFC title game appearances and a run to a Super Bowl, which the 49ers lost by 3 points. He never had a losing season with the 49ers.

Cons: While his resume and win totals are pretty, the end of his tenure in San Francisco was ugly. Harbaugh reportedly lost a power struggle with the 49ers’ front office and ownership and was let go after an 8-8 season. Despite his accomplishments, he was passed over for the Minnesota Vikings’ head coaching gig last year for Kevin O’Connell, who had never been a head coach before. 

Harbaugh is known for wanting overarching control wherever he’s gone, which is an outlook that the Panthers just dealt with during Rhule’s failed tenure. Hiring Harbaugh could cause a massive shakeup of the front office structure as well. He’s also gained a reputation of leveraging NFL interest for bigger contract extensions at Michigan, which could lead to a waste of time in the Panthers’ search

The focus on the Vikings as a con isn't substantive and is a purely overblown take to be seriously considered a "con" worthy of mention.

Ok, if you didn't know geniuses and people that are very very good at stuff are usually odd sometimes very awkward folk with laser focus.

Bill Belichick is odd. A very different guy. A guy with 6 rings. That's not normal.

Normal ISN'T what we want here. GREAT isn't normal.

Jim Harbaugh 2023

Dude, it's not happening.

Just now, rippadonn said:

What is a bonus is Harbaugh and his staff have intimate knowledge of the college players coming out. He's already tapped in and working with the next generation of NFL players.

with the harbaugh news I though youd be having multiple strokes.....then it switched to you caught the "sudden death" or banned by a weak-minded mod.......

sucks that harb wanted too much of a bite, a big fish wanting the top job in carolina is rareee.

• Flames 1

Just now, Basbear said:

with the harbaugh news I though youd be having multiple strokes.....then it switched to you caught the "sudden death" or banned by a weak-minded mod.......

sucks that harb wanted too much of a bite, a big fish wanting the top job in carolina is rareee.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Nah. Sadly my 12 year old son. My only child passed away December 15 :-(.

I had to step away for a while, obviously. Thanks for thinking about me.

I love you guys. Don't know how long me or my wife have left either.

• Beer 4

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Nah. Sadly my 12 year old son. My only child passed away December 15 :-(.

I had to step away for a while, obviously. Thanks for thinking about me.

I love you guys. Don't know how long me or my wife have left either.

dang brother.....I am truly sorry. I dont know what or how I can help, but if you need someone to talk to or Ive send food or _______ DM me and ill give you my #. 1623466160663.jpg.1cd0c38d9ab06edfbc6c84bcdffd4214.jpg

"You're gonna carry that weight." stay strong space cowboy.....

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

Young coordinators like Steichen can sometimes be miscast as Head Coaches. There’s always a risk that a hotshot Coordinator like him is a better fit for the play-calling job instead of the Head Coach position.

The thing I like most about Steichen is how well he's developed two young QBs with very very different play styles and skillsets in Herbert and Hurts.

• Pie 1