• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Think it Should Be Wilks...

SetfreexX

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

HC's have coordinators bro.

That seems like a OC type of blame. Wilks is more of a defensive coach. I think he can run a team he just needs a upgrade at OC.

If the OC succeeds then he is gone.   A lot of defensive HCs like the ground and pound running game and relying on their defense because it's what they know.  We had the same OC for Rhule and Wilks yet our offense when all in on running the ball when Wilks took over.  That style of play is becoming outdated as rules are catering to the passing game.  

I will give you this, McDermott seems to be the exception to the rule as he lets his OC have complete control of his offense and struck gold with Allen and the crew that developed him over the years.  So it can happen, I just don't think it's as common.  As stated no one else is bringing him in for an interview and we aren't simply smarter than all the other GMs and teams.

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If the OC succeeds then he is gone.   A lot of defensive HCs like the ground and pound running game and relying on their defense because it's what they know.  We had the same OC for Rhule and Wilks yet our offense when all in on running the ball when Wilks took over.  That style of play is becoming outdated as rules are catering to the passing game.  

I will give you this, McDermott seems to be the exception to the rule as he lets his OC have complete control of his offense and struck gold with Allen and the crew that developed him over the years.  So it can happen, I just don't think it's as common.  As stated no one else is bringing him in for an interview and we aren't simply smarter than all the other GMs and teams.

The days of 9-10 games are over for the most part unless your offense sucks. Rules are heavily skewed to favor the offense. The most successful backs, with the exception of Henry, are now part of the passing game. The game has changed. Finding a guy who is trying to use that to his advantage is better than finding one who is trying to stop it. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Look at the QB.

We have Sam Darnold. Of course we are going to ground and pound.

Give him a legit QB and im sure the offense would change. You can only play to your strengths.

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He had Baker too who magically looked good again with LAR.

Yikes!

I can't even take you seriously when you call that performance with the Rams good.lmao

Baker was just not shitty. He still was a below average QB with the Rams. Nobody is going to offer him a starting job because of 2 average games with the Rams.lol

• Poo 1

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yikes!

I can't even take you seriously when you call that performance with the Rams good.lmao

Baker was just not shitty. He still was a below average QB with the Rams. Nobody is going to offer him a starting job because of 2 average games with the Rams.lol

I mean good as in ok/average. Much better than he looked here. He is far from great or elite.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

So why did the coach whose speciality is defense make zero attempts at adjusting to Mike Evans eating our defense up with the same play?

Did you see our DB's on the roster?

Kind of hard to make adjustments when our #1 and #2 cb were out injured. I remember browsing the sub during that time and people were saying we were going to get burned with our DB's.

Wilks is not perfect but people act like he didn't have us looking like a totally different team after Rhule. He put us in position to make the playoffs. If we had one of our starting DB's we probably win that game honestly.

• Poo 1