• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Riot Awards 2022

WarHeel

Let’s hear your nominees for 2022!

Here is last year’s list for reference:

2021 Roaring Riot Awards Winners
Offensive Player of the Year - DJ Moore
Defensive Player of the Year - Haason Reddick
Rookie of the Year - Chuba Hubbard
Most Valuable Panther - Haason Reddick
Play of the Year - "I"M BAAAAACK!"
Thomas Davis Panther of the Year Award - DJ Moore

Note: How/why the hell did we let the “MVP” walk…

My list:

2022 Roaring Riot Awards Winners
Offensive Player of the Year - Yikes…you’d have to go lineman here but for sake of avoiding the double dip I’ll just say “pass.”
Defensive Player of the Year - Frankie Luvu
Rookie of the Year - Icky
Most Valuable Panther - Bozeman 
Play of the Year - DJ’s end zone catch (and subsequent helmet removal penalty)
Thomas Davis Panther of the Year Award - D. Brown

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

My list:

Offensive Player of the Year - Yikes…you’d have to go lineman here but for sake of avoiding the double dip I’ll just say “pass.”

Honestly, agree with all of these. I might put Corbett as OPoY as he played nearly every snap at a fairly high level in his first year with the team.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Crazily enough, I might put Sam Darnold down as offensive player of the year, if we aren't going with a lineman. Darnold was head and shoulders above Mayfield and Walker with pretty much the same personnel minus (and this is a biiiiig minus) CMC.

I can hear the jaws dropping and hitting the floor. 

Was he great? Nah. The competition for the spot was just that bad.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Crazily enough, I might put Sam Darnold down as offensive player of the year, if we aren't going with a lineman. Darnold was head and shoulders above Mayfield and Walker with pretty much the same personnel minus (and this is a biiiiig minus) CMC.

I can hear the jaws dropping and hitting the floor. 

Was he great? Nah. The competition for the spot was just that bad.

It’s a testament to how bad the offense was as a whole. No one really deserved it but I could vouch for Sam here as he didn’t scree the pooch bad enough. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

It’s a testament to how bad the offense was as a whole. No one really deserved it but I could vouch for Sam here as he didn’t scree the pooch bad enough. 

Honestly, he did well enough to make you go, "Wow, look at him. Is that really Sam? a time or two.

Look, I know he's not a world-beater at QB. He's really not even starting material, but something happened this season that upped his game. He played with some confidence and some guts that he'd teased a time or two in the past. He might be worth a short term back-up QB contract with some incentives to hold him here and work with us through a transition.

There's also the possibility that Reich could help him progress. It's not like he's had decent coaching since he got into the league, except for maybe Wilks saying "Well, kid, you've got nothing to lose, sling it."

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Honestly, he did well enough to make you go, "Wow, look at him. Is that really Sam? a time or two.

Look, I know he's not a world-beater at QB. He's really not even starting material, but something happened this season that upped his game. He played with some confidence and some guts that he'd teased a time or two in the past. He might be worth a short term back-up QB contract with some incentives to hold him here and work with us through a transition.

There's also the possibility that Reich could help him progress. It's not like he's had decent coaching since he got into the league, except for maybe Wilks saying "Well, kid, you've got nothing to lose, sling it."

He’s definitely earned a backup spot at minimum. Doubt he’ll ever be a legit franchise guy for us but I do agree he’s never had a fair shake. We’ve seen he can at least be average with a good O-line.

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

My list:

OPOY - Foreman.  I actually don't think this one is close.  5 games into the season he had 37 rushing yards.  We then traded CMC.  He finished with 914.   If you projected his yards over a full season post CMC trade it's a 1300+ season.   He was a tad boom or bust at times but he was the engine to our respectable finish. 

DPOY - Brown

ROY - Icky

MVP - Foreman (same as above)

Play - PJ to DJ bomb

but Luvu and Bozeman definitely need props

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, CRA said:

OPOY - Foreman.  I actually don't think this one is close.  5 games into the season he had 37 rushing yards.  We then traded CMC.  He finished with 914.   If you projected his yards over a full season post CMC trade it's a 1300+ season.   He was a tad boom or bust at times but he was the engine to our respectable finish. 

DPOY - Brown

ROY - Icky

MVP - Foreman (same as above)

Play - PJ to DJ bomb

but Luvu and Bozeman definitely need props

Boom or bust is why I left him off the list but he was a strong consideration for those “boom” moments.