• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Latest info on staff building

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

God I love this hire.

Makes the Rhule decision 3 years ago that much more questionable.

Tepper really handed the keys to his multi-billion dollar operation to a guy fresh out of Baylor and all his college buddies with zero experience between them.

At least he appears to have learned from his mistake and wasn’t afraid to fire Rhule midseason. Mistakes and bad hires will happen, correcting it quickly and adjusting are promising responses. 

• Pie 9

Here's a wrinkle...

Joe Person indicates Evero will be allowed to choose his own defensive staff.

From the article...

Besides the Panthers’ talent on defense, the ability to put together his own staff in Charlotte was attractive to Evero.

We'd seen some talk about that but now it's confirmed.

Wonder if the OC will be able to do that also (outside of Campen).

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Here's a wrinkle...

From the article...

Besides the Panthers’ talent on defense, the ability to put together his own staff in Charlotte was attractive to Evero.

It would be more difficult for the OC with Staley guaranteed a job, Campen as you mentioned, and Reich calling plays. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It would be more difficult for the OC with Staley guaranteed a job, Campen as you mentioned, and Reich calling plays. 

Would probably have to be a promotion if someone was to take the job as OC if it is in title only.  A QB coach or passing game coordinator.  Not likely that a current OC would sign up for the gig, especially given that's a lateral move on paper, though actually a demotion in reality if Reich ends up calling plays.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Here's a wrinkle...

From the article...

This may be tinfoil hat, but I think the OC is already selected. As in, it's a done deal in all but writing. We haven't heard any words on OC and we've only interviewed Cooter, right? I think our OC is currently on the Eagles staff and we're just waiting on the official interview.

• Pie 7

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Would probably have to be a promotion if someone was to take the job as OC if it is in title only.  A QB coach or passing game coordinator.  Not likely that a current OC would sign up for the gig, especially given that's a lateral move on paper, though actually a demotion in reality if Reich ends up calling plays.

It was mentioned that Staley with keep his current title at minimum, but could be named OC when they hired him as well. 

Looked a little at Evero's background. He and Reich have a common connection who also has a shoestring connection to the Panthers.

He's an assistant who's coached both linebackers and defensive backs in his time, including our own Cory Littleton.

His name?

Chris Shula

(Mike's nephew)

9 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

This may be tinfoil hat, but I think the OC is already selected. As in, it's a done deal in all but writing. We haven't heard any words on OC and we've only interviewed Cooter, right? I think our OC is currently on the Eagles staff and we're just waiting on the official interview.

Please be Brian Johnson!!

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Another thing I noticed: Evero's position coaches in Denver were nearly all young guys who hadn't been coaching for all that long.

Kinda suspect Sean Payton won't retain those guys (he'll likely want his own) so if Evero wants them, he can probably get them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of Reichs guys got mixed in too. 

I wonder about Billy Davis he has some connections to Fangio and Capers. I believe he coached LBs here in the 90s under Capers coaching staff. He is was on Arizona’s staff last year as LB Coach. 

Edit: Yeah just checked he was LB coach under Fangio here. Guy coached Lathon and Mills

Edited by Cdparr7