• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question about Matt Corral

jfra78

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why do you insist on making a clown of yourself going hard in the paint on long shots? When have you ever been right on one of these? How are you so absent of self awareness keep doing this?

Justin Herbert was one of my first OFFICIAL BANDWAGONS here if you weren't paying attention. If YOU were paying attention I was on the OFFICIAL MICAH Parsons in the 1st/Kyle Trask in the 2nd BANDWAGON. Go search that and get back to me.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, GOAT said:

haha okay man, I get that you're trying to be somewhat funny but also hitch your wagon to an underdog so you can feel like the man if a longshot player makes it. 

I live in Ventura County, Matt is our hometown guy out here. I was stoked to see the Panthers draft him, I wanted him to workout. I was the same with Clausen who was from out here. I knew right away though that he wasn't it, just like with Corral.

There is tape, you're denying it. True NFL QB's can shine no matter the circumstances. I never agree with Linville on anything and I hate UNC, but Howell straight up out performed him in the same scenario with our old coaching staff that doesn't know how to prepare anyone either.

Everything's going to be okay, we're going to trade up for our guy and you will fall in love. I'll remember to tag you in the "Matt Corral waived by Panthers" thread in a couple years from now. Hopefully we will both laugh it off as our new franchise QB begins to soar.

Save that until after he's officially played a NFL game. He will.

Until then your ejaculation is premature.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, GOAT said:

True NFL QB's can shine no matter the circumstances.

You know I get the hatred for the guy or dislike or whatever it is you think you see.  And you're right a True NFL QB can shine no matter the circumstances providing he gets true opportunities to practice with real NFL players.   It's well documented that Rhule gave Corral about 5 minutes at the end of practice to play.  Give or take that's about 3 or 4 plays, maybe 5. 

Are you going to sit here and tell me that all camp and preseason Corral got real opportunities?  How many posters agreed that Rhule treated Corral like a redshirt freshman.  

You know if Corral had been given legitimate Reps in practice than I would at least see your point However, to sit here and make it sound like he had legitimate reps in camp and preseason is just not true.  You know it and so do I. 

I'm with @rippadonn on this one.  I think Corral with proper coaching is going to surprise a lot of people.  He has things that make me believe he is going to be special. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I'll give you a true story about another QB that wasn't given an opportunity to shine and ended up being one of the greatest QBs ever to play the game.

There was a QB was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 9th round. He was given little opportunity to shine and was cut before the season started.  As Rhule treated Corral the same was done by a coach named Walt Kiesling.  He gave this young man no reps and eventually was cut.  The QBs name was Johnny Unitas.

While I am not implying that Corral is the next Johnny Unitas the story hasn't been told on Corral yet and to blow him off as a nobody is wrong.  I think we all should give the kid a chance to prove himself before someone who knows something takes him and turns him into a star. 

John Unitas, shunned by the Pittsburgh Steelers, is the mover in the surprising strength of Baltimore. The rifle-armed kid from the steel country is the most effective passer in the NFL through the first four games - Sports Illustrated Vault | SI.com

• Flames 1

Matt Corral has overcome a lot of negativity, doubters and haters along the way to make it to the NFL.

He wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

I have no idea whether he can make it at this level, but he deserves a legitimate chance to prove his abilities. 

If Reich affords him a chance, I wouldn't bet against Matt's chances. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

12 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'm going to sooooooo clown you when Corral balls out after having been coached and prepared.

It's more likely than not in my assessment and that of the Panthers organization.

I have a feeling what's most likely is that you'll fall in love with another mid round prospect soon and jump bandwagons again. "True fan" and all.

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have a feeling what's most likely is that you'll fall in love with another mid round prospect soon and jump bandwagons again. "True fan" and all.

We just might.  If Reich sees a QB fall that has traits he thinks he can develop, I'd be on the bandwagon.  Wouldn't be the first time a low round pick turned out to be something special. 

26 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

The two leading poo posters on the Huddle teaming up. That makes sense.

• Poo 1

38 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Go to bed.

*OFFICIAL MYLES MURPHY BANDWAGON MEMBER*

Smh, when have I EVER jumped bandwagons?!

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The two leading poo posters on the Huddle teaming up. That makes sense.

We and the Panthers organization and NOT you believe Matt Corral will translate to the NFL as well as most scouts and mock drafts and everybody inbetween who projected Matt Corral as a late first rounder for football reasons. It was his first real injury in years and bad mouthing from the Gretzkystans that blessed him with the fortuitous drop into the hands of the team that truly loved him, and Ickey.

Your reasons aren't football reasons either.

Money Business GIF by BBC

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1