• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question about Matt Corral

jfra78

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is like watching people convince themselves that the Jets were the root of Darnold's problems and we'd fix him. 

Corral is on a cheap rookie contract so he'll be given every chance to compete but don't be shocked when we sign a stop gap vet and draft a rookie high and he's looking at trying to justify a roster spot as a 3rd QB.

And that is the best plan at this point.  Since Corral is an unknown, you have to proceed with the knowledge we have one QB who is an enigma at this point.

Hopefully that predicament is the last vestige of The Process we have to deal with.  It would be nice if we knew something about Corral's NFL potential after a year.  But, no, thanks to Mr. Nebraska.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

And that is the best plan at this point.  Since Corral is an unknown, you have to proceed with the knowledge we have one QB who is an enigma at this point.

Hopefully that predicament is the last vestige of The Process we have to deal with.  It would be nice if we knew something about Corral's NFL potential after a year.  But, no, thanks to Mr. Nebraska.

Absolutely. Corral is on the roster and he's cheap so we have every incentive to let him compete. But we should go about assembling our roster as if he's a bust. If he pans out, awesome! Unexpected bonus. If he's a bust, oh well but luckily we've already planned for that.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Which QB would you rather have now?

I never trashed Corral for not being Howell. I said he was my #2 QB in the draft. I would've taken Howell but I wasn't mad about taking Corral. But damn... the gap was wider than I thought it was.

ripp did this same shtick with Kyle Trask a few years ago. This is just what he does. He's never been wrong about anything, just ask him.

Calm down LG. We know how you feel. As for me? I'm not sure any of last years class will amount to anything due to their situation. Pickett probably landed in the best situation out of the bunch. Corral landed in the worst situation.

This years class is a mystery and their fate will largely depend on which coach they end up with. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Calm down LG. We know how you feel. As for me? I'm not sure any of last years class will amount to anything due to their situation. Pickett probably landed in the best situation out of the bunch. Corral landed in the worst situation.

This years class is a mystery and their fate will largely depend on which coach they end up with. 

I'm not exactly looking forward to Rivera getting ahold of my favorite QB since Cam.

32 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I'd be shocked if the Panthers don't bring in a vet and draft a QB this year while they try and coach up Corral as plan C.  Also, I'd be somewhat surprised if anyone in the building views Darnold as an adequate answer for our vet QB.  

I'd be fine with Sam as the vet IF we draft a QB high in round one. A guy clearly drafted to be the franchise QB.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd be fine with Sam as the vet IF we draft a QB high in round one. A guy clearly drafted to be the franchise QB.

Meh, while technically a vet, Darnold doesn't seem to possess the wisdom nor the experience I'd like to see in a viable backup.  Darnold strikes me more as someone that would be taking advice from a decent rookie QB halfway through the season.  At that point what good is Sam Darnold to the team?

6 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Meh, while technically a vet, Darnold doesn't seem to possess the wisdom nor the experience I'd like to see in a viable backup.  Darnold strikes me more as someone that would be taking advice from a decent rookie QB halfway through the season.  At that point what good is Sam Darnold to the team?

Who else available would be a better option? Not being an ass, honest question.