• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good Article on potential OC target Brian Johnson

Mills

I was rooting for Philly hard but honestly I didn't think much of the playcalling especially the passing. It was Brown making crazy catches on contested balls and the rest was dink and dunk. They ran the ball for much of their yards. I saw few if any second half adjustments. If it weren't for Hurts carrying the team on his back they wouldn't have been in it at all. Not sure how much Philly success was scheme or individual effort. I am tending toward the latter.

5 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I was rooting for Philly hard but honestly I didn't think much of the playcalling especially the passing. It was Brown making crazy catches on contested balls and the rest was dink and dunk. They ran the ball for much of their yards. I saw few if any second half adjustments. If it weren't for Hurts carrying the team on his back they wouldn't have been in it at all. Not sure how much Philly success was scheme or individual effort. I am tending toward the latter.

So Hurts has developed into a great QB. We need his QB coach! Reich is going to be calling the plays.

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Bienemy doesn't call plays for the Chiefs.  You are trying to set up another Joe Brady situation here. If Bieniemy was all that he would have gotten a HC job already.  Just say no to Bieniemy. 

Andy Reid said that Beinemy "literally calls the plays." 

Edited by top dawg
  • Flames 1

47 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Andy Reid said that Beinemy "literally calls the plays." 

Then explain why Reid is always reading the play chart and Bieniemy can't get another offer? Don't use his race as an excuse because I'm not buying it. He gets interviewed every year but never a second interview.  If he knew his sh!t he would have been snatched up years ago.

Edited by Jon Snow

23 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Then explain why Reid is always reading the play chart and Bieniemy can't get another offer? Don't use his race as an excuse because I'm not buying it. He gets interviewed every year but never a second interview.  If he knew his sh!t he would have been snatched up years ago.

There's something definitely going on there behind the scenes. I know there's been mention of some legal things potentially, but he must be horrible at interviewing or his coaching tree he could actually pull from is very limited. 

30 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

There's something definitely going on there behind the scenes. I know there's been mention of some legal things potentially, but he must be horrible at interviewing or his coaching tree he could actually pull from is very limited. 

There's something there, but its not because he's a minority.  If he's such a great OC it must be the only thing he can do. Because let's be honest, teams are desperate for quality coaches everywhere, especially head coach's.  You are going to tell me with a straight face that the only reason he's not getting a job is because he's black?  Nah bruh, come up with something more compelling and I'll listen. 

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

He has had his personal issues, as has been well-documented. Furthermore, maybe he just has a personality that rubs people the wrong way. Maybe he's an asshole. Who knows?

I just provided the info. If you want to call Andy Reid a liar, then that's your right to do so. On some level, I just know that Bienemy has been an integral part of the offense, if some want to think he's just there along for the ride, that's on them. It doesn't make sense to me, but not everyone thinks the same.

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Bieniemy calls the plays that Reid tells him to through his headset.  He also said Bieniemy "calls plays."  Maybe he calls some and Reid steps in when needed?  It's definitely a very strange dynamic...

46 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

There's something there, but its not because he's a minority.  If he's such a great OC it must be the only thing he can do. Because let's be honest, teams are desperate for quality coaches everywhere, especially head coach's.  You are going to tell me with a straight face that the only reason he's not getting a job is because he's black?  Nah bruh, come up with something more compelling and I'll listen. 

Never said it was because of race. Not sure where you got that. I was agreeing with you that there has to be something else going on behind the scenes that's causing him not to get that HC job offer.

21 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He has had his personal issues, as has been well-documented. Furthermore, maybe he just has a personality that rubs people the wrong way. Maybe he's an asshole. Who knows?

I just provided the info. If you want to call Andy Reid a liar, then that's your right to do so. On some level, I just know that Bienemy has been an integral part of the offense, if some want to think he's just there along for the ride, that's on them. It doesn't make sense to me, but not everyone thinks the same.

That's what I'm saying. Reid may be telling the truth, he could be trying to help him get a job, buts it's not. So, if true every team that interviewed him has called bullshit afterwards.  So they are calling him a lair as well.

I doubt his past would deter a team given how teams including our own went after Watson.

If he were an asshole explain Saun Payton. Ok, I might give you that one.

It doesn't make sense to me either.  The only thing left is that he's not very good at anything outside of whatever Andy actually has him do. Whatever that is.

Edited by Jon Snow

14 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Never said it was because of race. Not sure where you got that. I was agreeing with you that there has to be something else going on behind the scenes that's causing him not to get that HC job offer.

Didn't mean you specifically.  It was in the general sense as in someone. 

13 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That's what I'm saying. Reid may be telling the truth, he could be trying to help him get a job, buts it's not. So, if true every team that interviewed him has called bullshit afterwards.  So they are calling him a lair as well.

I doubt his past would deter a team given how teams including our own went after Watson.

If he were an asshole explain Saun Payton. Ok, I might give you that one.

It doesn't make sense to me either.  The only thing left is that he's not very good at anything outside of whatever Andy actually has him do. Whatever that is.

As a casual observer, I'd say that Andy Reid's reputation casts a long shadow over Eric Bienemy.  If Eric ever wants to be seriously considered for a head coach position, he would take a chance and move to another team as their OC.  After a season or two there would be little doubt as to Eric's talent.   

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

As a casual observer, I'd say that Andy Reid's reputation casts a long shadow over Eric Bienemy.  If Eric ever wants to be seriously considered for a head coach position, he would take a chance and move to another team as their OC.  After a season or two there would be little doubt as to Eric's capablities as an OC.   

Logic would say you are right. It appears however that finding another GM or head coach willing to put his job on the line for that little experiment may be a bit difficult.

• Pie 1