• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question? Lamar Jackson Franchise Tag

Biggdaddi1022

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I think at some point we're going to see the QB contracts hit a wall, much like the rookie contract cap. 50m a year fully guaranteed contracts aren't going to be sustainable to be competitive long term. 

NFL brand grows each year. Prices go up.

This is history look at how QB's got paid back in the 80's compared to the QB's of today.

Contracts only increase with each passing year. There is going to be a time when QB's are making 100 mil a year. Probably not in our lifetime though.lol

47 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

NFL brand grows each year. Prices go up.

This is history look at how QB's got paid back in the 80's compared to the QB's of today.

Contracts only increase with each passing year. There is going to be a time when QB's are making 100 mil a year. Probably not in our lifetime though.lol

When the cap began in 1994, SB winning QB Steve Young was 11% of his teams salary cap. At 45m per season, Lamar would be 20% of his teams salary cap. You can't keep increasing the % a QB gets and expect to field a team that is competitive. Doesn't matter if you have a billion dollar QB if you can't afford to block for him or have someone for him throw to. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

When the cap began in 1994, SB winning QB Steve Young was 11% of his teams salary cap. At 45m per season, Lamar would be 20% of his teams salary cap. You can't keep increasing the % a QB gets and expect to field a team that is competitive. Doesn't matter if you have a billion dollar QB if you can't afford to block for him or have someone for him throw to. 

Don't get mad at me get mad at the cap increasing every year.

Why are you so concerned about what players are making?

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Don't get mad at me get mad at the cap increasing every year.

Why are you so concerned about what players are making?

LOL at me being mad. You obviously don't understand that increasing the cap doesn't increase the % available to pay players. 53 players have to be paid. One player taking a huge portion of that % limits the ability of the team to build around them. 

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

LOL at me being mad. You obviously don't understand that increasing the cap doesn't increase the % available to pay players. 53 players have to be paid. One player taking a huge portion of that % limits the ability of the team to build around them. 

Exactly!!! There is a limit on the amount a team can play one player and still be able to compete long term.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Lame Duck said:

Jackson has a lot of wear and tear. I don’t want Denver situation with Wilson.

A lot of people are trying to write off Wilson after 1 bad season.

Yall going to look crazy when he starts playing great again with a offensive coach like Payton.

Same with Watson the dude hasn't played football in 2 years and yall writing him off after 6 warmup games.lol

Slow down people these guys need to be bad for consecutive years before we RIP them.

29 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

A lot of people are trying to write off Wilson after 1 bad season.

Yall going to look crazy when he starts playing great again with a offensive coach like Payton.

Same with Watson the dude hasn't played football in 2 years and yall writing him off after 6 warmup games.lol

Slow down people these guys need to be bad for consecutive years before we RIP them.

Wilson will be 35 this year and he took more pounding than Kardashian over the last 13 years. His mobility which made him dangerous QB is gone.  Can he be a simple pocket passer?  We shall see.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Jackson is 25. Wilson is like 34 or something. Injury risk? Perhaps. All this wear? Not really.

The not finishing the past 2 seasons could be a huge red flag for someone wanting to set the market on a fully guaranteed contract at the QB position. I think that part of the contract is a big part of the sticking point in the discussion.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1