• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tight Ends in 2023

RenoCarolina

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I feel this is the #1 goal of panthers FA, sign a TE weapon......

I think they resign boze and kick the can hard to gain cap for a top tier TE signing. Draft a QB in the first 7 picks, via a big trade up package

200.gif.1fda0eca597f0c3e27e3fbe2a7002cc8.gif

Normally I'm with you, but outside of Bozeman on a 'hometown' deal, can't agree with the rest.  Good TEs can be had reasonably.  No need to try get a top 3 FA TE.  I'm not about moving up in the draft either.

Just now, 45catfan said:

Normally I'm with you, but outside of Bozeman on a 'hometown' deal, can't agree with the rest.  Good TEs can be had reasonably.  No need to try get a top 3 FA TE.  I'm not about moving up in the draft either.

I dont want to trade up(insane huge package wise) and dont want to buy a top 3 TE, just thats what the crystal ball is saying.

• Pie 1

Reich will keep Thomas and Ricci before Tremble.

Reich wants TEs with a high catch % and a big body to box out defenders. Tremble is not a Reich TE.

Good thing this draft is loaded with TEs. I expect Reich to keep Thomas and draft 2 more big pass catching TEs.

Same with receivers. He wants tall big bodies with speed.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him draft Quentin Johnston WR at #9 and Musgrave/Mayer/Washington in round 2 if they fall. Trading for Jelani Woods is also a move I can see Reich wanting to do.

5 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

It's a really awesome TE class and there's some quality receiving FAs like Shultz and Geisicke.  

Post Maher in the draft:

Kincaid & Musgrave look really interesting.  Huge upside.

Washington has a ton of potential.

Whyle & Craft have NFL careers ahead, both have a lot to like.  

Schoonmaker is reportedly liked by many scouts.  Huge mountain of a man, a bit like prime Cam Brate.

And I'm keeping my eye on the Minny and Clemson kids as well.  Some really good TE prospects.

Sam Laporta too. He’s in my top 3 to 4