• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Go for Carr hard and save #9 pick?

Jmac

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

So you good with Brissett or Minshew? 

As bridge QB’s while this staff develops Levi’s or Richardson?? Yes. in that situation I think you will need a bridge QB on a cheaper deal because I don’t think Levi’s or Richardson are day 1 ready and you will need a bridge QB.. If you get Stroud or Young I could see a older vet Like Flacco or Nick or Hoyer being on the roster for league minimum…

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

As bridge QB’s while this staff develops Levi’s or Richardson?? Yes. in that situation I think you will need a bridge QB on a cheaper deal because I don’t think Levi’s or Richardson are day 1 ready and you will need a bridge QB.. If you get Stroud or Young I could see a older vet Like Flacco or Nick or Hoyer being on the roster for league minimum…

nodding-yes.gif

22 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Ok, we are just going to disagree on this.  I ain't changing your mind and you certainly aren't changing mine.  Again, the urgency of this fan base is shading the glasses of this QB class more and more rosy.  The Burrow comparison did elicit a chuckle, I must confess.

That was our QB coach’s comparison. I would imagine he is going to have some input…

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10065261-cj-stroud-compared-to-joe-burrow-by-panthers-qb-coach-josh-mccown-before-nfl-draft.amp.html

Just now, WOW!! said:

Flacco needs to retire...for real. We have McCown, we don't need Flacco on the field or off.

Just now, top dawg said:

Flacco needs to retire...for real. We have McCown, we don't need Flacco on the field or off.

It doesn’t hurt having a vet who can teach while being a back up who can win 2 or 3 games if needed.. Mccown can still do his job but we still need a vet on the roster.. Depending on your rookie QB it will determine  what level vet you need.. 

Stroud or Young = equals older back up..

Levis = a  vet guy who can start the season and maybe 6 to 8 weeks..

Richardson and everybody else = A vet who can play the season if have to..

JMO

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

A bit of flattery there.  I get Josh is likes Stroud, but sometimes when giving praise the comparisons get a bit lofty.

image.png.9ff58c60fa0ab9ca6ab1ecf385bcfdfe.png

image.png.db664b7edf5fff9ef106afb3d5da81ad.png

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

It doesn’t hurt having a vet who can teach while being a back up who can win 2 or 3 games if needed.. Mccown can still do his job but we still need a vet on the roster.. Depending on your rookie QB it will determine  what level vet you need.. 

Stroud or Young = equals older back up. If either falls to pick 5

Levis = See below

Richardson and everybody else = A vet who can play the season if have to..

JMO

Not too far off, but the bold is how I prefer it.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Not too far off, but the bold is how I prefer it.

Agree to disagree.. If you want them.. Go get them.. Don’t take any chance on not getting your guy.. We are set up to take that shot now..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 1

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yeah one is a professional QB coach looking at tape vs us fans looking at ESPN stats. I’m not saying he will be Burrow, that is obviously his ceiling, but playing style is way more Burrow than Fields.

• Flames 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

Agree to disagree.. If you want them.. Go get them..

You have to hope Irsay gets a man-crush on Levis.  Jumping ahead of Indy to get to #3 will be too rich for my taste.  Pie-in-the-sky discount scenarios to jump all the way up from #9 is pure pipe dreaming.  Indications are the Lions are going to stick with Goff, so we will just have to get ahead of the Raiders at #6.

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

This ^ 100%. And even the part about it feeling weird.

If he's on the table for them, then he's there for a really good reason. If he's not, then there's a really good reason. We aren't approaching this like we're trying to recruit some guy with the promise of a scholarship and a starting gig vs some SEC team. 

Right now, even if they decide that Darnold will be the starter, I'm going to go, okay... you guys know better than me.

Yep. This isn't the group of idiots who ran the team before.....well the team led by an idiot Rhule.

This is a team of coaches and a staff that has at least a hundred more years of pro experience than rhules staff of hacks. 

These guys have experience and poo tons of knowledge and a lot of success behind them. They know what they're doing. 

• Pie 2

Just now, 45catfan said:

You have to hope Irsay gets a man-crush on Levis.  Jumping ahead of Indy to get to #3 will be too rich for my taste.  Pie-in-the-sky discount scenarios to jump all the way up from #9 is pure pipe dreaming.  Indications are the Lions are going to stick with Goff, so we will just have to get ahead of the Raiders at #6.

I understand wanting to get a discount.. But if you want the guy you pay what you need to.. Jmo I think Stroud and Young are worth the price to play.. So go get them and leave no risk..

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1