• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

would you be opposed to moving back up for Bijan Robinson?

micnificent28

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Priority 1) QB

Priority 2 and 3) pass catchers (especially TE)

Priority 3 and 4) CB and pass rusher 

I mean if your fine with Chubba Hubbard being your starting RB. There are exceptions to the rule. Barkley was one of them. when you get one of those guys at their best look what he did for the Giants carried their offense single handedly. I think you look hard at special talents. only reason he would be available at 20 or less is hes at a position thats undervalued.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes. It's past time this organization stops treating RB like an ultra-premium position. It's treated like an afterthought by most franchises for a reason. You can get legit RB production in the mid-rounds every year. Draft them, play them, let them walk, repeat.

I think we only treated the position as a premium when it was warranted. McCaffrey was warranted. payed off and then some. sure you can get guys mid  round and so on but not all RBs are interchangeable and of equal value. Guys who can carry a offense like say a barkley are special.  We arent going to have a top 10 offense passing the ball.

You have a question mark at the starting postion at RB so i think the question needs to be asked. Your returning solid options at wr and still developing Marshall and possibly Shi Smith. Yes i am on board with drafting a TE but I think Robinson is head and shoulders better than all options available at 20. 

3 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I mean if you’re fine with Chubba Hubbard being your starting RB. There are exceptions to the rule. Barkley was one of them. when you get one of those guys at their best look what he did for the Giants carried their offense single handedly. I think you look hard at special talents. only reason he would be available at 20 or less is hes at a position thats undervalued.

There are whole league and draft of options between Hubbard and Robinson. 

And Barkley has spent half his career either out or hurt and not close to 100%. The Panthers spent 33M for CMC’s last 16 games with the team. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I would.  This draft is immensely talented at running back and LOADED.  Probably the best position group in the draft ahead of TE.  There's arguably 10+ potential starters in it:

Bijan Robinson

Zach Charbonnet

Jahmyr Gibbs

Devon Achane (This kid is going to be awesome)

Tyjae Spears (Probably my favorite prospect overall in the draft)

Israel Abanikanda

Roschon Johnson

Chase Brown

Dewayne McBride

It's seriously an awesome class.  All of those guys are instant impacts.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I think we only treated the position as a premium when it was warranted. McCaffrey was warranted. payed off and then some. sure you can get guys mid  round and so on but not all RBs are interchangeable and of equal value. Guys who can carry a offense like say a barkley are special.  We arent going to have a top 10 offense passing the ball.

You have a question mark at the starting postion at RB so i think the question needs to be asked. Your returning solid options at wr and still developing Marshall and possibly Shi Smith. Yes i am on board with drafting a TE but I think Robinson is head and shoulders better than all options available at 20. 

I strongly disagree. A big issue with this franchise is that we have grossly overvalued relatively low value positions (RB and off the ball LBs) at the expense of premium positions. We've had a lot of good players at RB and LB but not a whole lot of wins and not a whole lot of talent at premium positions. Do the math.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I strongly disagree. A big issue with this franchise is that we have grossly overvalued relatively low value positions (RB and off the ball LBs) at the expense of premium positions. We've had a lot of good players at RB and LB but not a whole lot of wins and not a whole lot of talent at premium positions. Do the math.

Contracts is a different matter. If you eant to extend a rb and pay him tons of money thats a separate debate. But as far as draft capital we drafted CMC top 10(which no one is questioning now top rb in league) we got a decent return with great seasons and picks after. next we took what Hubbard in the 5th or so? I dont think we have spent a lot at the position beyond that? 

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

People on here hate RBs early and I do tend to agree but there is no doubt Bijan is crazy good.  He doesn’t have blazing speed but overall he is special.

Thats kind of my point. They are all in the all RBs are equal and you can find the same guy in the 5th round category. Guys who are special and worthy of trading up for arent the same guys we can get in the 5th or so. These guys can carry an offense and dont come around every year. Robinson is the only one I would even consider in the 1st since say cmc or Barkley.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Contracts is a different matter. If you eant to extend a rb and pay him tons of money thats a separate debate. But as far as draft capital we drafted CMC top 10(which no one is questioning now top rb in league) we got a decent return with great seasons and picks after. next we took what Hubbard in the 5th or so? I dont think we have spent a lot at the position beyond that? 

Say you haven't been a fan for long without saying you haven't been a fan for long. LOL!

23 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I mean if your fine with Chubba Hubbard being your starting RB. There are exceptions to the rule. Barkley was one of them. when you get one of those guys at their best look what he did for the Giants carried their offense single handedly. I think you look hard at special talents. only reason he would be available at 20 or less is hes at a position thats undervalued.

We can sign a FA RB or draft a later round guy....or both. 

4 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Thats kind of my point. They are all in the all RBs are equal and you can find the same guy in the 5th round category. Guys who are special and worthy of trading up for arent the same guys we can get in the 5th or so. These guys can carry an offense and dont come around every year. Robinson is the only one I would even consider in the 1st since say cmc or Barkley.

He is worth a later first this year as this is a relatively weak draft.  I do not think he is as good as CMC or Barkley.  We have more pressing needs especially if we keep Foreman.

If Bijan had that third gear speed he would probably be top 15.  Thats the only knock

Edited by Shocker

Personally I wouldn’t. If we miss out on a first-round QB, I’d be fine taking him @ 9. He’s one of the best players in this draft and we need a dynamic runner to replace CMC. The Huddle tribe makes some great arguments though. As our roster stands now, a talent like Robinson would be a luxury for us not a need. And we have plenty of needs. 

• Flames 1

21 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I would.  This draft is immensely talented at running back and LOADED.  Probably the best position group in the draft ahead of TE.  There's arguably 10+ potential starters in it:

Bijan Robinson

Zach Charbonnet

Jahmyr Gibbs

Devon Achane (This kid is going to be awesome)

Tyjae Spears (Probably my favorite prospect overall in the draft)

Israel Abanikanda

Roschon Johnson

Chase Brown

Dewayne McBride

It's seriously an awesome class.  All of those guys are instant impacts.

More reason not to trade up for anyone at a non-premium position.

I think there's a decent chance we draft a RB somewhere in the 3rd to 5th round range.

• Beer 1