• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

would you be opposed to moving back up for Bijan Robinson?

micnificent28

14 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Naw…not hearing that.  These are different backs against very different competition.  ACC defenses were really bad.

I am seriously not calling Bijan some once I a lifetime player but he is better than Bigsby.  Come on man

Say what? Bigsby played for Auburn.

Meanwhile, three of the top 13 rushing defenses were in the ACC. UGA was #1 but you have to get to #21 to find the next SEC team in Tennessee.

Just now, WUnderhill said:

Are we talking about trading into the first round for a RB? I’d jump on the fire Fitterer bandwagon so fast it would make your head spin.

I think he’s talking about trading back for a RB and pocketing picks. 

IF we trade back a TE or safety that can actually cover

3 hours ago, Toomers said:

And with all that going for him, he still couldn’t bring more than what amounted to a mid 2nd round pick. Why wasn’t every team throwing 1sts at the team for him? 

What? We got a 2nd,3rd,4th, and next years 5th for him. 

And that’s considering his injury prone label. 

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How did that work out for us in terms of wins? How has that worked out for the Giants with Barkley in terms of wins?

RBs just have too short of a shelf life, are too injury prone, and there's too much bargain production at the position to justify huge resources into the position.

See Matt Rhule and Ben McAdoo. 

Once again he isn’t just a runningback. 

If you just want to hand it off to a guy and throw the occasional screen, then there are plenty of Chubba Hubbards. I agree with that. 

CMC is on another level and it showed in SF. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

What? We got a 2nd,3rd,4th, and next years 5th for him. 

And that’s considering his injury prone label. 

It’s more about RB value than what CAR got in the trade. I think the Panthers did as well as they could in todays NFL. Which is the whole point. How can a player do all those things you claim, and the best they got a mid 2nd value. All those picks add up to a value around pick 44. No team would offer a #1 for a player that is more than a RB? The positional value gap is wide and expanding. 

And injuries are the main reason every RBs value has gone down. That’s why CAR is eating 18M in dead cap to watch him play for SF next year. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Say what? Bigsby played for Auburn.

Meanwhile, three of the top 13 rushing defenses were in the ACC. UGA was #1 but you have to get to #21 to find the next SEC team in Tennessee.

So Bigsby = Bijan for you?  Is that what you are saying?  

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

It’s more about RB value than what CAR got in the trade. I think the Panthers did as well as they could in todays NFL. Which is the whole point. How can a player do all those things you claim, and the best they got a mid 2nd value. All those picks add up to a value around pick 44. No team would offer a #1 for a player that is more than a RB? The positional value gap is wide and expanding. 

And injuries are the main reason every RBs value has gone down. That’s why CAR is eating 18M in dead cap to watch him play for SF next year. 

Calculating the value of the picks after CMC is added and they ripped off 10 straight wins to end the regular season.

Classic huddle poo right there. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Your argument is ridiculous,  the 49ers were 3-3 with an injured QB when we made the trade…no one knew what would happen.  Nice now to try to look smart but you weren’t the GM making the call in that moment.  You don't get to look smart now

BTW:  Toomer was the same guy that was swearing the Steelers would never take Pickett.  Called everyone an idiot for thinking so,  LOL

Edited by Shocker