• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 predictions

JawnyBlaze

Early odds are already available for the 2023 season, so it's time to take a peak and see if there's any value to be had in the NFL futures markets. 

The Super Bowl futures for 2024 updated directly after the Chiefs win and put Kansas City as the betting favorites once again at +600. Last year’s losing team, the Eagles, had much bigger futures odds around this time last year than the Chiefs (they opened around +3000 and were available at +2200 or bigger for much of the summer) and gave early investors an easy hedge opportunity in the big game. 

For today, we’re going to take a look at some teams with longer odds who can perhaps pay off in similar ways that the Eagles and Bengals did for bettors over the last two seasons. Even if you’re not ready to pull the trigger, these are all teams with decent paths to making a run in 2023-24 and worth keeping an eye on as the off-season progresses.

Mentions Jacksonville and Detroit and then...

Carolina Panthers +5000

Carolina’s hiring of Frank Reich gives the team an experienced offensive-minded head coach who has produced winning records in three of his five seasons as head coach. As we saw last year in Jacksonville, getting someone of that caliber can change the dynamics of a team very fast. 

The Panthers also sit in a division ripe for the taking. Three of the teams currently are in flux at quarterback (including the Panthers), and the other in Atlanta has a very thin talent pool at several key positions.

A lot will depend on getting the right fit under center, but the Panthers do have the ninth pick in a draft where many are expecting four quarterbacks to be taken in the first 20 selections. If they hit a home run at that position in the draft or in a trade, Carolina could become the class of this division quickly. Given their recent hire at head coach, that would make them a potentially very live threat in the wide open NFC once the playoffs begin.

[Credit: Peter Overzet of Fantasy Life]

Edited by trueblade
  • Pie 1

I would be surprised if the Eagles represent the NFC in the next SB. It's hard to repeat that anyway but when you lose that much staff and  FA could cost them some players as well it is especially hard.

As for the Chiefs, I doubt they represent the afc because, well the odds say it's not a safe bet for the same reasons. But in their cade they may no lose as much staff but I'm not sure about their FA loses looming.

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I would be surprised if the Eagles represent the NFC in the next SB. It's hard to repeat that anyway but when you lose that much staff and  FA could cost them some players as well it is especially hard.

As for the Chiefs, I doubt they represent the afc because, well the odds say it's not a safe bet for the same reasons. But in their cade they may no lose as much staff but I'm not sure about their FA loses looming.

Eagles lost both coordinators and no telling how many assistant coaches will go with them. Also have a bunch of pending FAs. They aren’t going back next year. Playoffs maybe. 

If NYG can make a few tweaks and the Vikings can get there defense even around average, I could see those two in the NFC CG.

Edited by Cdparr7

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Eagles also had one of the easier brackets in the playoffs. Bye, familiar division foe in NYG, a team with 0 QBs in SF.