• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr Watch

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

People get laughed at because they get things embarrassingly wrong.

This person hasn't been wrong at all, and they've provided plenty of good info that wasn't found anywhere else.

For the record, so did The Crown and the Claw.

Okay, new guy was wrong, happens. 

7 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Because it's interesting. A lot of people claim to have sources and usually they get laughed at. A random no name account with hardly any posts and they're a soothsayer that's worth defending?

I'd just prefer to get leaks if they are real.  If it was something obvious like the Panthers will hire Wilks as their HC in the next few days (no offense to Wilks) and they were 100% wrong then sure call them out.  Or the Panthers will draft X player and they don't, but real sources typically won't have that kind of detail because our franchise doesn't want it to get out....

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Okay, new guy was wrong, happens. 

The full quote you are talking about is where he said the Panthers have two options.  Option A- Carr and Option B- draft with a bridge QB.  That doesn't imply they prefer A over B, it's simply listing them out.  He said Reich and Brown were high on Carr, apparently Fitt was not or his price was too high.  

Just now, ForJimmy said:

The full quote you are talking about is where he said the Panthers have two options.  Option A- Carr and Option B- draft with a bridge QB.  That doesn't imply they prefer A over B, it's simply listing them out.  He said Reich and Brown were high on Carr, apparently Fitt was not or his price was too high.  

I get it. He basically was saying what pretty much everyone has said regarding the Panthers. They'll either sign a free agent or draft a quarterback. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

I get it. He basically was saying what pretty much everyone has said regarding the Panthers. They'll either sign a free agent or draft a quarterback. 

Simply listening to Reich and Fitterer at the combine should have been enough for anyone to realize the team was fully exploring their options at QB.  No insider info required.

• Pie 1

Wait, what? Krovvy is acting like a pretentious dick to a poster for no reason other than he likes to get off on how much cooler and smarter he thinks he is compared to everyone else? And when he gets called out on doing it he just keeps doubling down and can’t admit he’s wrong thinking this somehow verifies he’s correct when all of does is show everyone is arguing with his much of a douche he’s being in that moment? I’m shocked. I’ve never seen him do that before. Never!

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Simply listening to Reich and Fitterer at the combine should have been enough for anyone to realize the team was fully exploring their options at QB.  No insider info required.

Pretty much. It's what the team needs. The coaching staff was designed to develop a quarterback, one way or another.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Fitterer has a long stated preference for the "draft and develop" route so he's being consistent.

According to Person, the Panthers interest in Carr was driven primarily by Frank Reich. Fitterer was agreeable to it but didn't want to overspend.

I said all along I was okay either way but the positive part of this decision for me is that it shows we're not "desperate" as some have described us to be.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Fitterer has a long stated preference for the "draft and develop" route so he's being consistent.

According to Person, the Panthers interest in Carr was driven primarily by Frank Reich. Fitterer was agreeable to it but didn't want to overspend.

I said all along I was okay either way but the positive part of this decision for me is that it shows we're not "desperate" as some have described us to be.

I think it depends on who you ask within the front office, as far as desperation. I feel like Coach Reich is obviously safe, but if Scott doesn't find a quarterback this off-season I would imagine he would be on the hotseat. At the same time Tepper has been feeling the heat from fans since Cam was kicked to the curb, if that matters at all. This along with changes within the division this off-season could mean the Panthers are in position where they feel it's a do-or-die as far as quarterback.

So, by that, I mean free agents and trade scenarios. The team is really built to win now, but needs a quarterback. Now that Carr is with the Saints, that puts more pressure on the Panthers to find their guy. There's actually a nightmare scenario now where Lamar Jackson could end up in Atlanta, and at the same time giving the Ravens ammo to take the first overall pick from the Bears. If this happens it will create a tense situation for the Panthers where the third overall pick will cost more than currently speculated.

It's a game of musical chairs at quarterback this off-season, and some teams will not end up with a chair.

20 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Wait, what? Krovvy is acting like a pretentious dick to a poster for no reason other than he likes to get off on how much cooler and smarter he thinks he is compared to everyone else? And when he gets called out on doing it he just keeps doubling down and can’t admit he’s wrong thinking this somehow verifies he’s correct when all of does is show everyone is arguing with his much of a douche he’s being in that moment? I’m shocked. I’ve never seen him do that before. Never!

I wish more on here would learn the ignore feature.  

• Beer 1