• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In-Depth Film Evaluation on QB Anthony Richardson

Saca312

I don't get the hype for Richardson from the media & some posters here. He is basically one football year past high school, like Trubisky or Haskins before him but with much less production to show for it, IMO. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see Saturdays performance translating into Sundays. As a general guideline I would never draft a one year college starter in any position in the first round & barely in the second, IMO. I know that there are exceptions to every draft guideline put forward by every talking head or poster here but this is one of mine. Thankfully my tenure as chief football observer & broom operator in my house is not in any jeopardy [my TV, my remote] if I am wrong or right.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, nogoodbum said:

I don't get the hype for Richardson from the media & some posters here. He is basically one football year past high school, like Trubisky or Haskins before him but with much less production to show for it, IMO. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see Saturdays performance translating into Sundays. As a general guideline I would never draft a one year college starter in any position in the first round & barely in the second, IMO. I know that there are exceptions to every draft guideline put forward by every talking head or poster here but this is one of mine. Thankfully my tenure as chief football observer & broom operator in my house is not in any jeopardy [my TV, my remote] if I am wrong or right.

That hype is only on ESPN. 

On 2/28/2023 at 12:37 AM, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah I still wanna see how TMJ/Shi/Shenault actually look with a real coach, QB, and a threat at TE. Everything else is pretty much in place to be decent on offense

Agree. I thought Shenault had real potential on the few plays he was in.  And TMJ came on strong when Darnold came in. TE is a huge need right now.  Add another dynamic WR, and of course solve the QB issue and we could have a top 15 offense right away and eventually a top 10 offense to go along with our top 5 defense and number 1 special teams.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

How? There is always going to be film of him throwing for 33% completion rate against FSU. I really hope he goes top three so Young or Stroud can drop to us, but I fear this is just more subterfuge. Lot's of lying going on right now. 

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

If you've watched Richardson on the podium, he really gives off an intuitive "speak softly, carry a big stick" type persona.  He's a very grounded guy.  Can see why he's smashing interviews.

He’s been a great kid since he arrived at Florida. I didn’t have any doubt he’d interview well. I still want Stroud more than any QB in this class. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

The hype is absolutely not only coming from ESPN. It’s been NFL Network as well. And beat reporters. It’s been most places that follow the draft.

They only thing if heard on there is speculation on whether he may have improved his draft stock in the combine to move up into the top 10.