• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers to aggressive pursue trade up to get a QB

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Conversation with Carr today is supposed to be centered around money with his agent present. If the conversation goes well, he will visit in person and will likely leave with a contract.

This will be the fourth conversation he has had with the Panthers. He visited in person at the combine, and had two other phone conversations prior to the combine.

If conversation does not lead to further interest from either side, the Panthers will be searching for a dance partner in the Top 5.

Thanks for sharing this. I had a suspicion that they would give serious thought to Carr.  I guess we will find out soon enough. 

35 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll see. It's a funky year because last year's QB class was perceived as weak and the QBs were pushed down the board. Feels like the entire league is working under the premise that Maye and Williams are the top two picks next year and there won't be any trading for those picks. So that leaves everyone chomping at the bit this year.

I am not usually this pessimistic I just cannot make myself look on this class very highly.Funny thing though I am starting to consider Stetson Bennett a high value pick.Its the top 4 that seem to be way overvalued to me.It just reaks of desperation.

Edited by heel31ok

1 hour ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

Conversation with Carr today is supposed to be centered around money with his agent present. If the conversation goes well, he will visit in person and will likely leave with a contract.

This will be the fourth conversation he has had with the Panthers. He visited in person at the combine, and had two other phone conversations prior to the combine.

If conversation does not lead to further interest from either side, the Panthers will be searching for a dance partner in the Top 5.

That would make it pretty clear they're serious.

Person speculated that it's Frank Reich driving the interest. Looking at it from the outside, that would seem to make sense. I know Fitterer prefers the draft and develop route but Reich was pretty effusive about Carr in his combine presser.

20 hours ago, SOJA said:

Again we come back to Pick 5 making a lot of sense. 

Anderson and Carter will go in the first 4 picks to Chicago/Arizona in some order

Houston and Indy will both take QBs. my prediction is Young and Levis.

Seattle makes too much sense. hx with the FO. Seattle will want to trade down as they miss out on elite talent but can still take a DE at 9. We take Stroud. 

Trading up to 5 and landing Stroud I am 100% onboard - Not horribly expensive.....looked great in college, looked great at the combine - if he interviews well there really shouldn't be any red flags.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Person speculated that it's Frank Reich driving the interest. Looking at it from the outside, that would seem to make sense. I know Fitterer prefers the draft and develop route but Reich was pretty effusive about Carr in his combine presser.

Reich wanting to take a chance that may get him fired if it doesn‘t work out. 
A rookie QB would give him an excuse if the Panthers don’t do well but if they fail after signing Carr it could be a short career here for Reich. 
I just don’t think Carr can get this team to the Super Bowl. 

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Reich wanting to take a chance that may get him fired if it doesn‘t work out. 
A rookie QB would give him an excuse if the Panthers don’t do well but if they fail after signing Carr it could be a short career here for Reich. 
I just don’t think Carr can get this team to the Super Bowl. 

Reich apparently does.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah i've always felt the visit to Carolina will be the true indicator for us being deadly serious vs just curious, I think if we do get that visit it probably indicates we are ready to push that way.

Though if early rumors on Rodgers wanting to return to GB are true we may get beaten to the punch by the Jets regardless.

This will be a fascinating week.