• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears spoke to 3 teams at the combine about the first overall pick: know they can get 1sts in 2024 and 2025

Varking

13 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Id like to ask those who are dead set on trading three 1st plus othersfor a rookie QB; how many wins do you expect for the 2023 season?

Honestly.

before you answer, I will give my guess- 7 wins.

That means da bears will be drafting 7th with the panthers pick. 

*I get the angry anger over the last 5-ish years, but Im here to tell you, one rookie QB will not solve most of the panther's problems. *could make it much worse given it's unknown.

Depends on our schedule and how quickly Reich and co can have our QB ready.  If we get Bozeman back there is no doubt we can "run" over bad teams like we did with Wilks.  We were what 6-6 with Wilks bringing it back to basics?  In theory we should be better than Wilks/Darnold with Reich/Stroud.  I understand it may take a minute for the rookie to get up to NFL speed, but if Stroud or whoever it is looks the part we won't be concerned with our first round pick next year.  

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Depends on our schedule and how quickly Reich and co can have our QB ready.  If we get Bozeman back there is no doubt we can "run" over bad teams like we did with Wilks.  We were what 6-6 with Wilks bringing it back to basics?  In theory we should be better than Wilks/Darnold with Reich/Stroud.  I understand it may take a minute for the rookie to get up to NFL speed, but if Stroud or whoever it is looks the part we won't be concerned with our first round pick next year.  

Good per normal, what about installing franks new hybrid O and a totally new evo D??? Brother that could take over the full season.....

Then a rookie is also starting? Are we being real here, or 5 years of pain coming out?

I see a lane where it alllllllllllll comes together, but I need a microscope....  

Edited by Basbear

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Good per normal, what about installing franks new hybrid O and a totally new evo D??? Brother that could take over the full season.....

Then a rookie is also starting? Are we being real here, or 5 years of pain coming out?

I see a lane where it alllllllllllll comes together, but I need a microscope....  

If we get the QB right we should have some actual cap space in 24 to offset the lost of our top pick. We have a great staff, usually when you add a good QB good things happen.

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If we get the QB right we should have some actual cap space in 24 to offset the lost of our top pick. We have a great staff, usually when you add a good QB good things happen.

I dont feel they can do enough to over come a green rookie at the wheel. I think rapey Ben was the last rookie QB to win 12 or playoffs. I need to look that up, I think even Joe Burrow didnt make the playoffs in his first year and hes the only QB thats carrying a full team(kc has big red). 

Need a top 5 D and that is also a total unknown. Given the need for what at least 3 DLmen and 3 LB-OLB(outside may be already filled). 

Just tooooo much unknown for my formula to approve trading future 1st........feels worse than the herniay Ebrown trade...

Edited by Basbear

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I dont feel they can do enough to over come a green rookie at the wheel. I think rapey Ben was the last rookie QB to win 12 or playoffs. I need to look that up, I think even Joe Burrow didnt make the playoffs in his first year and hes the only QB thats carrying a full team(kc has big red). 

Need a top 5 D and that is also a total unknown. Given the need for what at least 3 DLmen and 3 LB-OLB(outside may be already filled). 

Just tooooo much unknown for my formula to approve trading future 1st........feels worse than the herniay Ebrown trade...

Burrow tore his ACL is rookie year so and they finished with a high pick selected Chase.  I would argue that we have a better roster than Burrow's rookie year Bengals.  It's because we are trading up to acquire the top pick while the Bengals "earned" the top pick that year.  Mac Jones was 10-7 in 21 for the Pats and not many rookies started in 2022.  The Dolphins won 10 Tua's rookie year, but I think he only played in 10 of those games.  

3 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

DJ of Burns

DJ hasn’t been restructured yet and maybe that’s why. Chicago seems to struggle at finding WR’s. Although trading away your only WR before drafting a rookie QB isn’t ideal either

Although finding WR’s these days shouldn’t be as hard as some of these teams make it out to be 

Yep

• Pie 1

On 3/6/2023 at 8:09 AM, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't bet on that.

It's possible we're one of the teams that spoke to them to gauge the price, but I don't believe we'd give that up.

Again

Fitterer’s job is on the line this season. He is going all in like I’ve been saying for weeks now