• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bears spoke to 3 teams at the combine about the first overall pick: know they can get 1sts in 2024 and 2025

Varking

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Burrow tore his ACL is rookie year so and they finished with a high pick selected Chase.  I would argue that we have a better roster than Burrow's rookie year Bengals.  It's because we are trading up to acquire the top pick while the Bengals "earned" the top pick that year.  Mac Jones was 10-7 in 21 for the Pats and not many rookies started in 2022.  The Dolphins won 10 Tua's rookie year, but I think he only played in 10 of those games.  

agree, I think this team is better than what rookie joe had, but joe is light years above whats available this year. 

mac jones had goat bill and I think the pats lead the year with 17.8(??) points allowed that year. best in the league, by far.

i can not keep up with tua and the games he played, started, and finished. I believe that season was mainly the last magic form fitz.......

just lots to ask and the unknown factor is hurtin my last two brain cells...... 

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I doubt it his rookie year, but he could have us competitive and if he is the answer to our QB problems who cares about the picks we lost?

In order for the value part to work, playoffs is almost a must. 

If hes thee "guy", no one including me would care what happens in 2023. 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

holy lee fug dj has 35 million dead cap?? am i right?!?!

So that means the dead cap total is 54 million and they included future 1st and got weaker with DJ leaving. 

no like.....bad touch...

I don't think that can be right 

If it is it's not likely all in one year

Edited by Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think that can be right 

If it is it's not likely all in one year

Didnt they sign him last year? This is getting vastly over-looked, i believe it adds 35 million more to the dead cap. 

Another lane it may only add 20 million, which puts red numbers on the table. 

But HORAY.....1st overall pick, right?!?!?

This needs to be confirmed.

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Didnt they sign him last year? This is getting vastly over-looked, i believe it adds 35 million more to the dead cap. 

Another lane it may only add 20 million, which puts red numbers on the table. 

But HORAY.....1st overall pick, right?!?!?

This needs to be confirmed.

I think we just eat the signing bonus