• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So then, we’ve got a WR corps to build. What do y’all got?

Bear Hands

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

He had almost 500 last year and didn’t play a good portion of the year. The problem is, at this point, he can’t be trusted to stay healthy.

He played 14 games last year. he has played 27 of a possible 33 games in his career so far. I don't see the issue there. The reason I said 800 is because he only caught 28 balls last season but had an unsustainable 17.5 yards per catch. if he doubles his catch total to 56 at a more reasonable 13-14 yards per catch, he's around 800 yards. the thing with Terrace is that he's not going to run himself open, so he's very QB dependent. he will reliably catch the ball when he's open, but the route has to beat their scheme more than Terrace can beat his man. 

Prospect Summary He should be available in the 2nd Rd 

Andrei Iosivas NFL Draft Scouting Report

WR, Princeton Tigers

Andrei Iosivas is an All-American track star for Princeton with a 6.71 60m and a 39-inch vertical at 6-foot-3 and 200 pounds. If you could build the ideal wideout prospect, it’d look something like Iosivas. He’s a guy who can get his in a lot of different ways. 

Down the field, Iosivas uses his physicality and speed to separate and has the fluid body control to high-point the ball or release off the defender for the back shoulder ball. On his out-breaking routes, Iosivas displays an innate ability to break his routes without losing any speed, making him a matchup nightmare for corners throughout their entire phase. When Iosivas has the ball in his hands his strength and acceleration make him a threat for chunk yards after the catch and has the hip fluidity and foot speed to make defenders miss. To check the final box, Iosivas’ hands are extremely strong—he finishes through contact really well and attacks the ball in the air. 

The only deficiencies I can find in his game is a little stiffness in his bend at the top of his stick and comeback routes. I’d also like to see him be a more competitive and physical blocker on the perimeter. 

With all this being said, only time will tell how well Iosivas will be received by NFL executives. The Senior Bowl will allow Iosivas to showcase everything we’ve seen on film this season as well as answer some questions as to how he fares against the best prospects in the country. I have full confidence in Iosivas to perform well at the Senior Bowl—the talent and unteachables are undeniable and make him a guy that can contribute right away. Down the road, he can potentially become a featured receiver in an offense that prioritizes getting the ball in his hands and allowing him to stress coverages at all levels of the field. 

Definitely need a solid free agent pass catcher and a good drafted WR or TE. 

I really don't know how good Marshall Jr or Shenault are taking #1 and #2 WR snaps. Shi is a bum. WR room is really thin and need to be addressed ASAP. 

We don't have to totally resolve it in one off season but we need at least 2 reliable options to catch passes. Right now we might have 0.