• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agents Cuts Tracker

MHS831

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Lol, at the Rams!  They sold out for that Super Bowl win and just one season removed, they blowing it completely up!  Their cut list is loooong and it's going to get even longer!!

Nothing to laugh about. They took their shot and it paid off. I sure wish we had sold out and went all in at some point when we had Cam. The whole "we'll get 'em next year" attitude hasn't really worked out all that well for the Panthers.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, GOAT said:

Rams have two SB wins in the last two decades. We have two SB losses. I'd cut off a finger for a SB win, let alone a "rental SB" lmfao.

Buc's did the same thing. You think I would care a bout a few lull years for a SB? LMFAO like someone said above, we have been through empty stadium for WAAAAAY longer bro.

Just a pretty awful take hahaha.

The Rams are screwed for a while, not just a few years.  Their first SB win was not done this way.  They built that team. The Bucs sucked before and surely will after the TB12 rental.  Kinda showing your stripes there guy. 

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

The Rams are screwed for a while, not just a few years.  Their first SB win was not done this way.  They built that team. The Bucs sucked before and surely will after the TB12 rental.  Kinda showing your stripes there guy. 

I'm literally just in almost a state of shock that we're downplaying superbowl wins and trying to justify our lack of superbowl wins and empty stadium.

I have a feeling you're not coming down from that hill so I'm just gonna move on lmao.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nothing to laugh about. They took their shot and it paid off. I sure wish we had sold out and went all in at some point when we had Cam. The whole "we'll get 'em next year" attitude hasn't really worked out all that well for the Panthers.

Damn our fan base has hit a new low.  Desperation is a foul smell.  Each year 31 other teams have to "get'em next year"

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

And yet, the Rams have the same number of Owl wins (and losses) no matter how they did it.  The results are pretty much the same.

There is more than one way to produce a champion. 

One could argue that the Saints method, while maintaining relevancy for a long period, was a failure due to the lack of championships while being "in it" almost every year.

Let's not lose sight of the luck involved, too.  Injuries are the great equalizer.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Damn our fan base has hit a new low.  Desperation is a foul smell.  Each year 31 other teams have to "get'em next year"

A new low is a fan of a ringless team mocking a team that recently won a Super Bowl while we're enjoying year after year of top 10 picks.

Our "Super Bowl" is coming up. It's the draft.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I'm literally just in almost a state of shock that we're downplaying superbowl wins and trying to justify our lack of superbowl wins and empty stadium.

I have a feeling you're not coming down from that hill so I'm just gonna move on lmao.

Correct. I'm not shocked how selling out is a somehow a good look, alas, it's sadly expected.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A new low is a fan of a ringless team mocking a team that recently won a Super Bowl while we're enjoying year after year of top 10 picks.

Our "Super Bowl" is coming up. It's the draft.

The Jets have a ring too, I guess I can't mock them about something or is just a recency thing?  I'd rather build a dynasty or at least a mini-one over a hired one-year or bust roster.  Heck, in a few years most of the Rams fan base won't even remember who the hell was largely on that SB roster.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I wonder what the price tag for Kenny Golladay is?  I know he didn't play much or as well for the Giants, but he was solid for the Lions.

He was a legit starting caliber WR for the Lions.  Not sure what happened in NYG, but I would like to have him in a 1-year prove it deal.  He would have a chance to reclaim a starting spot here.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The Jets have a ring too, I guess I can't mock them about something or is just a recency thing?  I'd rather build a dynasty or at least a mini-one over a hired one-year or bust roster.  Heck, in a few years most of the Rams fan base won't even remember who the hell was largely on that SB roster.

I’d say a Super Bowl win should grant a 3 year minimum grace period from fans. 

28 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Recently. The Jets have a ring recently?

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Recently. The Jets have a ring recently?

No, but the Jets do have a ring.  Point being just because an organization has a ring doesn't mean they beyond ridicule. Two-years ago or 50-years ago, it doesn't matter.  There is only one current champion and right now it's KC.  They actually shipped off one of their best players and still won.  They did it the right way and have two rings in the last few years and could stand to win one or more in the foreseeable future. That's admirable and enviable at the same time.

So yes, I still think the Rams blowing up their entire roster is still funny as hell.  McVey had to be talked of the cliff of stepping away, even being one of the youngest coaches in the NFL.  Dude had to really think twice about overseeing this blow up and rebuild.