• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Vonn Bell

TheSpecialJuan

Guys like Coleman and Harris have had some flash-in-the-pan years, but Bell is legitimately the best safety Carolina has had since Minter retired. That is how poor the safety position has been for this franchise.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, amcoolio said:

I've always thought of Chinn as a 3-4 LB. 

That said, if a team wants to give us a decent receiver for him, I wouldn't mind

Bell is a fantastic signing. Best safety we've had in a while

Weakside ILB in a 3-4 under-type defense might work, but Chinn needs to be in space and I don't know what OLB they'd line up over the weakside tackle. Maybe Burns? Definitely not Luvu. Seems a waste but they won't be in this base front much.

1 minute ago, amcoolio said:

I've always thought of Chinn as a 3-4 LB. 

That said, if a team wants to give us a decent receiver for him, I wouldn't mind

Bell is a fantastic signing. Best safety we've had in a while

I'm just kinda baffled by it. Everything that has been said about this staff about our defensive scheme led me to believe we wanted to play with two deep safeties. Okay... then why Vonn Bell? Bell is very similar to Jeremy Chinn stylistically.

• Beer 1

Just now, KSpan said:

Weakside ILB in a 3-4 under-type defense might work, but Chinn needs to be in space and I don't know what OLB they'd line up over the weakside tackle. Maybe Burns? Definitely not Luvu. Seems a waste but they won't be in this base front much.

Yeah, 3-4 LBs are expected to take on a lot more blockers than a 4-3 LB. I honestly just don't see Chinn as a great fit there. I think he's getting traded.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, 3-4 LBs are expected to take on a lot more blockers than a 4-3 LB. I honestly just don't see Chinn as a great fit there. I think he's getting traded.

I don't know about traded but he is definitely miscast in a base 3-4. I don't know how anyone looks at that tape of his rookie year and thinks to play him in center field or as a base 3-4 LB. It's just weird how mismanaged he has been.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm telling you I would not dismiss the Richardson talk.

I have no idea what to believe. But I do know that you can make a very legit argument that from a pure physical talent perspective he might be the best QB prospect ever. No bullshit.

If you think he has what it takes between the ears, how can you NOT draft him? 

Then again, JaMarcus Russell could throw the ball 90 yards off his knees or some ridiculous poo like that, so yeah... 

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have no idea what to believe. But I do know that you can make a very legit argument that from a pure physical talent perspective he might be the best QB prospect ever. No bullshit.

If you think he has what it takes between the ears, how can you NOT draft him? 

That's what that Panthers will have to figure out.  I do not spend countless hours watching tape on these guys and I do not watch live games of any college team. But I know an nfl level player when I see one. I can usually tell when someone is the kind of player that his teammates will love and play hard for.  Of the 4 Richardson fits that bill.

Edited by Jon Snow