• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How would you build the roster and draft?

BeenPounding

8 minutes ago, BeenPounding said:

Here is how I would build it.... Trade down in the second to pick up an extra late third....

image.png.0eb619334ce2568878989f0aad62e0e0.png

Not too shabby but I don’t think we need to take Tillman all that early. I’d definitely move down, hopefully someone is enticed by something.

My dream IDEAL scenario is that we get wind that Houston falls in love with one guy. Tell them we want that 12 pick (pipe dream, I know, don’t bash the hustle). That 12 pick comes up and MAYBE say Bijan falls. Nab him or trade for a later first and additional second. That later first, we take Flowers. With our first second round pick, take Gibbs, with the extra second round pick, take Rice. Third round take Tillman or maybe someone like Michael Wilson. Fourth round , grab whatever is available of Laporta or Kuntz. I KNOW THERES A .2 PERCENT CHANCE THIS HAPPENS, LET ME DREAM! Lol.

So yeah it’d be - qb (not gonna pick one because its too political), bijan from the trade to 12, Rice or Hyatt at 39, Laporta or Kuntz 4th.

Or play trade musical chairs and end up with a whole new offense- qb, flowers, Gibbs, rice/Tillman/Wilson , then Laporta or Kuntz.

Here me out.

IF the Panthers think they can get "there QB1" at 2 and can swap spots with HOU, while gaining the Texans' #33 overall.....I'd send #39 to DEN for Jerry Jeudy. 

Give our new young QB1 a 23-year old former FRP that is an immaculate route runner with deceptive speed. We would move up 6 spots in the draft to take whomever we want. Maybe Darnell Washigton or Michael Mayer are there.....maybe a stud NT or a complimentary WR like Downs/Flowers/Hyatt/Tillman. 

We could reallocate the money we were going to spend on a FA WR and shift it to someone like Schultz or Geisicki. Re-sign Foreman

CJ7

Foreman

Jeudy-Downs-TMJ-Shenault

Schultz-Tremble

Ickey-BC-Boze-Corbett-Moton

The defense is, IMO, a couple of DL and depth CBs away from being complete. I think Evero and Capers will help bring Brandon Smith along and eventually replace Shaq inside in 2024. Chinn pulls a TD and converts to LB fully, and we find a third CB. Woods-Bell will be solid for the next two years as well holding up the backend.

Our cap opens up immensely in '24 as well.