• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Bryce Young is believed to be favorite for #1 for the Panthers right now

TheSpecialJuan

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I hope it's just bullshit - no way you trade that much and don't have a guy you want. 

I've seen a lot of folks subscribe to that logic, but it's not really valid.

You trade to be able to pick whoever you ultimately want, and in doing so this early they've given themselves plenty of time to decide that.

The notion that they absolutely have to know right now is a fallacy.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

I would be happy with Young or Stroud, but I lean Young. If he were 5 inches taller he would be a sure fire number 1 pick. The only concern is is size and slender frame, but he checks every other box. Panthers fans need start accepting the fact he is a real option. The things that we rave about Stroud doing in the Georgia game, he did consistently throughout his career.

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen a lot of folks subscribe to that logic, but it's not really valid.

You trade to be able to pick whoever you ultimately want, and in doing so this early they've given themselves plenty of time to decide that.

The notion that they absolutely have to know right now is a fallacy.

Dude.  They 100% know who they are taking.   They would not have traded all that capital if not.   Don’t kid yourself 

2 hours ago, SaltAndPepper said:

If we're locked in and stopped evaluating more than six weeks, out... that's not a good sign. Evaluate until the end. We're talking about your relevance, reputation, and the fans here. Leave no stone unturned, and time unused. 

Exactly...

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Dude.  They 100% know who they are taking.   They would not have traded all that capital if not.   Don’t kid yourself 

See above

Hell, if you read the story of the Cam Newton discussion, that decision wasn't made till pretty late in the process. And there's no Cam Newton in this draft.

Edited by Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Exactly...

You seriously believe they sat around the table and said to each other “we don’t know who we want but lets do this”.  Doesn’t feel like reality.  They went up to 1 for at most 2 guys but they definitely have a target and it isn’t AR or Levis 

Edited by Shocker