• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Natalie Miller (aka Verge): per her sources, Panthers moved up to #1 to take Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

16 minutes ago, top dawg said:

For me it just comes down to whether or not, Reich, Fitt, and the Teppers (yes, wifey will have considerable input) believe that Young's size outweighs all the other tangibles and intangibles that he possesses. He has been excellent in the undisputed best conference, and he has really demonstrated durability throughout his collegiate career playing in that conference, so I'm thinking that from an intellectual perspective that he is the pick. 

If he isn't, or if he isn't enough to turn down a few extra draft picks, I'm good with that also because there's a lot to like about Stroud's smoothness in the pocket. But at this point, I think we're taking Young unless the Texans blow us away.

Yes, on NFL Network today (Good Morning Football) they related the aggressive moves by the Panthers to the Teppers, referring to the brass balls on his desk.  I could live with either one, but--as with Wilson and Brees--if we go with Young, he has to be max protected.

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Why do people keep believing the Texans are totally besotted with Young? It's lying season after all.

Couldn't that apply to us as well? Nothing we are saying in front of the cameras is accidental or coincidence.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

People here keep believing that like it's 100% truth, yet refuse to believe reports that the Panthers could love Young as well and keep claiming it's lying season which means the FO is trying to trick the Texans into trading up. Why can't both teams be lying, neither, or just the Texans? Oh right, that doesn't fit these fans' narrative and desires. Some of the people here need to lighten up and not sweat the things they can't control.

Anyway, Hurndog is still in control of Mint Street, so Jack Campbell will be the #1 pick

63a93c2cd735a.image.jpg

Bird Deal With It GIF by MOODMAN

Morning shrooms?

• Beer 1

Just now, frankw said:

Couldn't that apply to us as well? Nothing we are saying in front of the cameras is accidental or coincidence.

I've been saying that. All of it could be true or it could all be jurassic park deal with it GIF

For the Texans, they might feel that leaking they love Young would get their division rivals(Indy) to jump to 1 and take Young while leaving them whoever they truly wanted. That makes sense if they think Young will bust and wanted to hurt a division rival.

You don't move up to #1 unless you know who you want, so the Panthers really don't have a reason to try and trick teams. Are they really going to buy these "reports" that the Texans love Young when they know it's lying season and think they can fleece them for picks? This is real life, not the movies. That said, I could see Tepper and Co still thinking they are smarter than everyone else and trying to trick other teams. But all that shows is that they still haven't learned a blasted thing.

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I've been saying that. All of it could be true or it could all be jurassic park deal with it GIF

For the Texans, they might feel that leaking they love Young would get their division rivals(Indy) to jump to 1 and take Young while leaving them whoever they truly wanted. That makes sense if they think Young will bust and wanted to hurt a division rival.

You don't move up to #1 unless you know who you want, so the Panthers really don't have a reason to try and trick teams. Are they really going to buy these "reports" that the Texans love Young when they know it's lying season and think they can fleece them for picks? This is real life, not the movies. That said, I could see Tepper and Co still thinking they are smarter than everyone else and trying to trick other teams. But all that shows is that they still haven't learned a blasted thing.

Oh the Texans are definitely playing the game too. As someone else pointed out the timing of our trade after the combine is difficult to ignore. Can't say one way or another but I'm sure they are eager to see the pro days and get the interview process going. Until then I will regard most of this talk of one prospect a near certainty as just noise. Fitterer already told us in the interview they are just now diving into everything. Things can change within the next 3 weeks.

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

This is truly the best indicator of things 

Especially since it’s so lopsided and they flip flopped Young and Stroud after the trade 

When Vegas moves their lines then I’ll start to question if they’re actually thinking about taking Bryce

Yeah the GM and HC address the press and give what people think are "hints" at who they are drafting.  Meanwhile Vegas doesn't flinch.  The money knows not to take these press conferences too seriously....

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh the Texans are definitely playing the game too. As someone else pointed out the timing of our trade after the combine is difficult to ignore. Can't say one way or another but I'm sure they are eager to see the pro days and get the interview process going. Until then I will regard most of this talk of one prospect a near certainty as just noise. Fitterer already told us in the interview they are just now diving into everything. Things can change within the next 3 weeks.

Yeah, a lot can change before the draft. I still think they know who they truly want and made that decision before making the trade. As for the trade itself, I feel a large part of it was done out of fear. It's a given that the Texans will take a QB and I think the FO was afraid another QB needy team would have traded with the Bears sometime before or just as soon as the draft started. That meant their preferred guy would have been gone between the first two picks, so they had to make the move up. The only thing that will make the Panthers change their pick is if they discover something like the guy is Mr Massage Jr or worse.

13 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Stroud's pro day is this Wednesday, he's gonna look great, afterwards the media will be mock CJ to Panthers at #1

Bryce Young's pro day is this Thursday, he's gonna look great, afterwards the media will be mock Bryce to Panthers at #1

Truth This Is True GIF by Ford

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

This is truly the best indicator of things 

Especially since it’s so lopsided and they flip flopped Young and Stroud after the trade 

When Vegas moves their lines then I’ll start to question if they’re actually thinking about taking Bryce

Hey look everybody Vegas makes the pick!  What horseshit

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

A 45 year old Tom Brady threw for 4,694 yards last year.

A less all-time comparison, Goff threw for 4,438 yards last year - which would be a Panthers franchise record. 

Mobility / off platform throws are a nice to have, but the game is still won from the pocket. 

Brady is the GOAT.

Goff didn't make the playoffs.

You need QB's who can move. Look at the teams in the SB both had 2 QB's who can make plays outside the pocket. Look at the elite QB's Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Hurts, Lawrence can all make plays outside the pocket. The days of a statue QB are over. Brady was the last of a dying breed.

Im not saying Stroud can't do that. Im asking does he have the ability to do it on a consistent basis?