• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Fitterer ever talked about CJ?

Ivory Panther

3 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

I somewhat disagree…he can easily add 20 pound of mostly muscle to this frame. Nobody is saying to add 100 pounds.

also, CJ can be coached but I don’t think to the degree of Bryce. It’s all fascinating stuff for sure & I can’t wait to follow both careers. 

Mahomes isn't as good at reading the defense as say a Drew Brees is, but I'd rather have Mahomes as my QB.  

You're talking about Stroud as if he's Levis, someone who has questionable decision making in college, but he's not, he's Elite in that area, Stroud is just Elite +1 in the same area.

1 hour ago, Ivory Panther said:

There are numerous quotes of Fitterer talking abt Bryce since last November to todays article on panthers.com

When u listened to FITT press conference abt what he is looking for in a QB, he pretty much described Young.

can anyone find Fitterer’s assessment of CJ? I’m trying to see what he thinks of CJ.

I’m of the believe that FITT & Tepper have been sold on young before they even hired Reich back in November.

whether we take CJ is really how much Reich & McCOWN can change FITT & Tepper’s mind IMO.

The night before Young's pro day, Fitterer said a group of "seven or eight" Panthers personnel surrounded him at the center of a table. They discussed Young's life on and off the field — he ordered the scallops and a salad — and they left impressed with his poise.

"He held court," Fitterer said. "He was so well-spoken, so well thought-out. When he talked about his preparation, when he talked about how he studies, how he sees the game, he's at a different level. He's already at that NFL level, which is great to see.

"Nothing's too big for him. Like, he can walk into any environment and be in total control. At 21 years old, if I walked into a restaurant, sat around with a bunch of 40, 50-year-old men, it'd be a little intimidating. Instead, he just sat there and asked us questions. We asked him questions. … Just a really, really solid person."

For one he talked about him just yesterday.  Quotes on Panthers com. Did you even try ?

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Ivory Panther said:

That’s what I keep saying. Weight is fixable & I’m sure he will. 

You're stuck on "weight" and "frame" being the same thing, they're not

Adding weight doesn't give you a stockier frame, it just makes you heavier.

Two different things, and Young has a VERY small frame. 

Kyler is almost the same size as Young, but just look at them, one is thick, one isn't.  That's the difference in Frame vs the difference in Weight.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

U just complained on another thread abt name calling but here u are…

as I keep saying, u r triggered like u r on ur period my man. Relax already! Lmao

What name did I call you? Of course right after this "u r triggered" post you start spamming sh*t reactions 🤣

If you can't keep the same standards between posts for different QB's expect to get laughed at.

For all the questions I've had about Bryce relating to his frame I've never insinuated he doesn't have a QB brain like some of you are doing with CJ. It's nonsense and you know it. But poo this post too if it makes you feel better.

• Poo 1

Just now, tukafan21 said:

Mahomes isn't as good at reading the defense as say a Drew Brees is, but I'd rather have Mahomes as my QB.  

You're talking about Stroud as if he's Levis, someone who has questionable decision making in college, but he's not, he's Elite in that area, Stroud is just Elite +1 in the same area.

Sorry if I’m sounding like I’m implying CJ is not cerebral. That’s not my issue at all.

i just think Bryce is on a different level. No indictment on CJ.

it’s the same when we talk abt CJ accuracy. It doesn’t mean Bryce is inaccurate, just that CJ is on another level.

Just now, Ivory Panther said:

Sorry if I’m sounding like I’m implying CJ is not cerebral. That’s not my issue at all.

i just think Bryce is on a different level. No indictment on CJ.

it’s the same when we talk abt CJ accuracy. It doesn’t mean Bryce is inaccurate, just that CJ is on another level.

So if Young is on a different level compared to Stroud mentally.

What would you consider Stroud's level compared to Young's in size?

Stroud is great mentally but you say Young is on a different level.

Young is the furthest thing from having great size, Stroud's comparison there would be like comparing Brady's career to Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell's

13 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

GMs pick players & coaches coach them. That’s the way it is in most organizations from NFL, to NBA etc…

So Fitt picked Teddy, Darnold, Corral, and Baker and you are siding with him and Tepp (the man who hired Rhule) over Reich (great offensive coach and former QB) and our QB coach?? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, Shocker said:

Young is the best QB folks.  If we pass on him we are going to seriously regret it

I think most agree that he is better. The problem is how long will his body frame last in the NFL?

Tua is bigger than him and you see how they toss him around. If someone gets a good hit on Bryce it could be scary.

• Beer 1