• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar Jackson requests trade

TheSpecialJuan

4 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

What if they waited after the draft to make a trade?

Take Will Anderson #1 then trade the 2 future 1st after the draft.

That would put us without our 24, 25 and 26 1sts, 2 2nds and DJ Moore, plus Lamar's contract at 50m per year with a high guaranteed amount. If we did something like this I'd consider the Darnold trade a great deal in comparison. 

You don't move to 1 giving up what we did for an edge rusher. And you damn sure don't give LJ everything the Ravens want and he wants when there are zero other suitors in play. He has screwed this up so badly I don't think he's going to see 133m guaranteed offered again by any team. Teams have been told they can't negotiate with a non registered agent. He's lost every bit of leverage at this point. Baltimore is holding every advantage and if we bailed them and him both out, the entire front office, including Reich should be fired immediately. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

We could draft Young or Stroud, trade them to somebody else for three first rounders, turn around and trade two of those first rounders for Jackson and boom! 😀

That is, of course, an incredibly stupid idea but it really wouldn't surprise me if somebody got behind it 😕

Do the Ravens at this point think they are getting two first round picks for him?  Hell trade our first for lamar and ask for their first this year and next year.  🤪

12 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

That would put us without our 24, 25 and 26 1sts, 2 2nds and DJ Moore, plus Lamar's contract at 50m per year with a high guaranteed amount. If we did something like this I'd consider the Darnold trade a great deal in comparison. 

You don't move to 1 giving up what we did for an edge rusher. And you damn sure don't give LJ everything the Ravens want and he wants when there are zero other suitors in play. He has screwed this up so badly I don't think he's going to see 133m guaranteed offered again by any team. Teams have been told they can't negotiate with a non registered agent. He's lost every bit of leverage at this point. Baltimore is holding every advantage and if we bailed them and him both out, the entire front office, including Reich should be fired immediately. 

Isn't Will Anderson rated the best player in the draft by most?

Edge rushers are drafted in the top 5 all the time.

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Isn't Will Anderson rated the best player in the draft by most?

Edge rushers are drafted in the top 5 all the time.

They are. But teams don't give up 2 1sts, 2 2nds and a WR1/2 under a team friendly contract to draft one. Especially when they have Andy Dalton as their best starter.

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

They are. But teams don't give up 2 1sts, 2 2nds and a WR1/2 under a team friendly contract to draft one. Especially when they have Andy Dalton as their best starter.

True.

BTW I wasn't serious about Lamar Jackson. I was just saying that we don't necessarily have to trade our 1st round pick this year if we wanted Lamar we could wait till after the draft.

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

True.

BTW I wasn't serious about Lamar Jackson. I was just saying that we don't necessarily have to trade our 1st round pick this year if we wanted Lamar we could wait till after the draft.

We could, but we would look extremely foolish if we did. And that puts us back into desperation mode again trying to negotiate for a QB.

That's exactly how we got taken to the cleaners for Darnold. Rhule had already played his hand with T2G and we had no options really other than PJ. 

And I have no desire to bail out Baltimore or Jackson at this point unless we got to take them to the cleaners. 

Edited by SmokinwithWilly