• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar Jackson requests trade

TheSpecialJuan

8 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Yea, with one of the better coaches in the league in Harbaugh.

I don’t care what his teams have done in the past, I’m looking at his future as a QB and I don’t think it’s that bright or will be that long.

Just that he’s not signed by the Ravens yet also tells me they think that as well, or else they’d have given him what he wanted by now, and they know him better than anyone else.

That's all I needed to know.

27 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's all I needed to know.

What’s that?

That I am able to use my brain and separate past team success with future individual performance based on their skills and ability to stay healthy?

Because last I checked, that’s all that matters, not what did you do for a different team in the past, but what you can do for your current/new team in the future.

17 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

What’s that?

That I am able to use my brain and separate past team success with future individual performance based on their skills and ability to stay healthy?

Because last I checked, that’s all that matters, not what did you do for a different team in the past, but what you can do for your current/new team in the future.

You basically telling me you don't care what players accomplished in the past.

What you think players get signed for in FA?

You think we signed Thelien for his upside?

You sound crazy my guy in the most respectful way possible.

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You basically telling me you don't care what players accomplished in the past.

What you think players get signed for in FA?

You sound crazy my guy in the most respectful way possible.

He's correct.

Players aren't signed for what they've done, but for what it's believed they will do. Past success can be used as a gauge but NFL executives know the phrase "past performance does not guarantee of future success" very well.

New contracts aren't a reward, they're an investment.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's correct.

Players aren't signed for what they've done, but for what it's believed they will do. Past success can be used as a gauge but NFL executives know the phrase "past performance does not guarantee of future success" very well.

New contracts aren't a reward, they're an investment.

lol no kidding, saying I sound crazy for not wanting to pay someone for past accomplishments is.... well, interesting.

Clearly the majority of the league feels this way, as well as the Ravens, or else something would have happened by now.

They don't view him as a player who should re-set the QB market, particularly in a year that is likely to see Burrow and Herbert sign new deals, two players with significantly higher upside than Lamar (and no, it's not a white vs black thing, so don't go there).  Each of them already played better than Lamar the last 2 years and their game isn't predicated on their running ability while already not able to finish those last two years as well.

Nobody is questioning what Lamar has done in the past and not saying he isn't worth the risk of having him as your QB right now as if healthy, he clearly is a difference maker.  But to give up multiple first round picks (and possibly more) to then have to make him the highest paid QB in the league on a guaranteed contract, is a massive risk given his style of game and recent injury history.  

Say he ends up playing this year on the franchise tag and gets hurt yet again and it costs the Ravens either making the playoffs or ability to win in them.  

Would you then give him a $45-50 million a year deal that is fully guaranteed for over 3 years?  Would you give up the draft picks on top of that to then give him the contact?

Of course not and teams recognize that, as do the Ravens.  

I think this ends with him not getting the contract he wants after a trade or playing the year on the franchise tag with the stipulation that he can't be tagged again.  Because if he really made this request 3 weeks ago and someone was willing to pay that cost, a deal would have been done by now.

54 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Oh, and no, Thielen wasn't signed for his upside, he was signed for what he can do immediately for this team and what we paid him is what it took to get him.

As soon as we made the trade, Thielen was my #1 want in Free Agency, hands down.

It was a weak WR class so we really weren't going to get a true #1 WR anyways, and Thielen is an ultimate pro who runs great routes, has outstanding hands, and is a red zone monster because his specialty is 10 yard routes.

Short of a legit stud #1 WR, which we couldn't get, Thielen is the exactly perfect WR to sign when you're going to be starting a rookie QB from day 1.

So no, we didn't pay him for his past, we paid him for what he's going to do for us right now and in the future, and that's be the best friend of a Rookie QB, the ultimate check down pass catcher.

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Oh, and no, Thielen wasn't signed for his upside, he was signed for what he can do immediately for this team and what we paid him is what it took to get him.

As soon as we made the trade, Thielen was my #1 want in Free Agency, hands down.

It was a weak WR class so we really weren't going to get a true #1 WR anyways, and Thielen is an ultimate pro who runs great routes, has outstanding hands, and is a red zone monster because his specialty is 10 yard routes.

Short of a legit stud #1 WR, which we couldn't get, Thielen is the exactly perfect WR to sign when you're going to be starting a rookie QB from day 1.

So no, we didn't pay him for his past, we paid him for what he's going to do for us right now and in the future, and that's be the best friend of a Rookie QB, the ultimate check down pass catcher.

He will be 33 when the season starts. He's seen his best days and was already declining because of age.

It's kind of hard to take you serious because you're not making any bit of since. So Lamar Jackson who is 26 is about to decline while the 33 year old Thielen is about to have his best years of football.lol

Im always due for a good laugh on The Huddle.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Wish you had this same energy for Derek Carr...lol

This my last post on Lamar. People on this board just don't like him. I have to accept that.

Apparently winning 75% of your games with shitty weapons just don't matter. YOU TRASH ASS BUM ASS DUMB ASS LAMAR JACKSON!

Mic-drop GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by CamWhoaaCam
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Wish you had this same energy for Derek Carr...lol

I was open to the possibility of signing Carr as a FA. It's not like I was pounding the table for the guy. Before his release I said there's no way I'd trade for him. If Lamar had been a FA I would've had the same take on him.

The situations are not the same.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I was open to the possibility of signing Carr as a FA. It's not like I was pounding the table for the guy. Before his release I said there's no way I'd trade for him. If Lamar had been a FA I would've had the same take on him.

The situations are not the same.

I know I was just joking with you.

I don't take these Lamar topics seriously anymore. People have a right to their own opinion of him. It is what it is.