• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson Pro Day

OldhamA

2 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

That would feel more accurate if the fact that his quarterback coach from 2013-2017 wasn't the same guy that developed Josh Allen and is now his offensive coordinator.

Word back then was Rivera and Hurney didn't want any "hard coaching" on Newton. They were afraid of hurting his feelings.

Dorsey basically wound up being a "buddy", and there were a load of indications that Newton didn't really respect him or see him as a valid coach.

Buffalo actually let him coach however he felt he needed to.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

30 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

For the National Championship, yes. But he also won the SEC Championship and a Heisman.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that Herbert, Peyton, Brady, and Mahomes never won anything. Neither did Brees. 

On the other hand, Matt Leinart and Vince Young won. So did Jameis Winston and Charlotte's own Chris Leak. In fact I remember Leak carving Ohio State up in the championship game like it was nothing...and then that's exactly what he ended up doing in the NFL...nothing.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i've seen him do that a few times. mostly he does grip the laces, but i noticed that a little at the combine.

Every throw he made today he never used the laces. How the hell do you throw the ball that well without using the laces? That boy can throw. And yes at 20 he's still a boy I don't care how massive he is.

• Pie 4

Just now, XClown1986 said:

Trey Lance seems to be lacking the mental aspects. This should have been evaluated more by the 49ers. 

Lance played on the Alabama of his level. He was throwing to receivers who didn't have anyone within 10 yards of them - I knew he'd struggle to transition to the NFL.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Word back then was Rivera and Hurney didn't want any "hard coaching" on Newton. They were afraid of hurting his feelings.

Dorsey basically wound up being a "buddy", and there were a load of indications that Newton didn't really respect him or see him as a valid coach.

Buffalo actually let him coach.

I thought that was more true for Mike Shula, not Dorsey. But either way, Newton not having respect for his coaches should have triggered the staff to make changes. This would be a contributor to why we didn't sustain success, I'd say.

Just now, OldhamA said:

You seem to be ignoring his game tape because you simply prefer another prospect.

Actually I'm more ignoring the pro days.

The game tape is far more informative, and the game tape favors Stroud or Young.

I prefer Stroud, but I could live with Young.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Every throw he made today he never used the laces. How the hell do you throw the ball that well without using the laces? That boy can throw. And yes at 20 he's still a boy I don't care how massive he is.

It's the first thing you fix as his QB Coach. And he can throw it that well without the laces because he's got massive hands.