• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Athletic article on top prospects

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

How much deep diving have you done into your critique of Bryce Young?

I've watched all his games. The problem with Young is that he's so small and he has an average arm.

Sometimes you can say Young tries to do too much, which gets him into trouble. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

I've watched all his games. The problem with Young is that he's so small and he has an average arm.

Sometimes you can say Young tries to do too much, which gets him into trouble. 

Yeah I've been meaning to watch more to see if he needs to scramble/drop back so much because of pressure or lack of being able to see over the line. It was fun to watch live on Saturdays, I wish there was more all 22 film on college games

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah I've been meaning to watch more to see if he needs to scramble/drop back so much because of pressure or lack of being able to see over the line. It was fun to watch live on Saturdays, I wish there was more all 22 film on college games

Yeah, actual film would be a big difference maker when evaluating. Right now as far as reads, I'm almost stuck solely looking at the quarterback's 'eyes' or helmet really.

Edited by Krovvy

19 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Yeah, actual film would be a big difference maker when evaluating. Right now as far as reads, I'm almost stuck solely looking at the quarterback's 'eyes' or helmet really.

It's only highlights, but the skycam stuff is a way more interesting view from the QB perspective. Haven't watched the Rose Bowl one yet. 

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

If it's between the two Young's processing is much better. Especially under pressure.

Even when not pressured there are so many times I've seen Stroud just lock onto his first read and wait all day for them to come open. It kind of scares me when I keep reading 'scouts' assessments of Stroud and then I go to watch a game and I see him unwilling to progress through his reads, especially when they're full field reads.

I think that is fair to say that all quarterbacks  go through growing pains when transitioning th the NFL. The good ones learn, adapt, and thrive in time and progressively. Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions (against 26 TDs) his rookie year. There is ALWAY major risks with these QBs and even many first round QBs  fail. Sometimes they fail miserably. I would rather take that risk with Stroud and his skills, size, demeanor, arm talent etc. than Young's tools.

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

first video, georgia

It's interesting, I hadn't seen the Rose Bowl footage before. He definitely improved his vision over this past season. He's also definitely making at least 2 reads on a lot of the snaps for the guys saying he's always locked on one guy. And he doesn't seem afraid of stepping up in the pocket, he always steps into his throws so I don't get that criticism either. 

• Pie 3

10 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

This game has an example of literally everything in terms of strengths and weaknesses in Stroud’s game 

After watching these videos I can’t see any chance of us passing on Stroud. The touch on his throws and accuracy are unlike anything we’ve ever had @ QB. He has weaknesses, as do all young players, but we have the staff now to develop him the right way and help him achieve greatness.  Can’t wait for the draft get here.

• Beer 2

7 hours ago, Prowler2k18 said:

After watching these videos I can’t see any chance of us passing on Stroud. The touch on his throws and accuracy are unlike anything we’ve ever had @ QB. He has weaknesses, as do all young players, but we have the staff now to develop him the right way and help him achieve greatness.  Can’t wait for the draft get here.

This shows up on tape 

On throws traveling 10 or more yards downfield, his accuracy rate of 60% is higher than any quarterback taken in the first round since 2017.